Help, Mahlkoenig K30 Vario stop grinding!

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Rubenwtf

#1: Post by Rubenwtf »

Hi everyone, I always read the forum but never post a topic, actually I just make an account :)

I need your help on my k30 vario, yesterday just stop grinding, I'm mean the grinder was on, there was no coffee clogged on the chute and it wasnt fine enough to make the burrs touch each other; my first and only thought was that the capacitor of the motor burnt off, try to find it online but no luck :(.

My next step its to find a multimeter and see if the capacitor work.

Somebody else have another clue of what could happen?

Thanks for your answers in advance :)

ado

#2: Post by ado »

So the motor is running?
My grinder got the same problem, I use my own roasted beans.

Velomane

#3: Post by Velomane »

I would suggest that you first open it up and reseat all the electrical connectors. If I recall, there is a panel on the top right hand side with half a dozen connections. I had an issue where the green light on the single/double switch would flash when I pushed in the PF, yet the grinder wouldn't grind. Making sure all the connectors were well seated solved this and I haven't had a problem since.

Velomane

#4: Post by Velomane »

The connectors that I am referring are blue and can be seen in this video.

Rubenwtf (original poster)

#5: Post by Rubenwtf (original poster) »

Hi, I already disassembled completely the grinder and assemble again with no luck, I'm gonna find a multimeter to se if the capacitor is working

#6: Post by Rubenwtf (original poster) »

ado wrote:So the motor is running?
My grinder got the same problem, I use my own roasted beans.
No, the motor won't start

contraflow88
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by contraflow88 »

What year is the date of manufacture on the grinder? I have actually had this happen to one of my K30's it turned out be a transformer on the power board.

#8: Post by Rubenwtf (original poster) »

It's from 2015, I send the grinder to a electrician and he fixed partially, ( it start working, then stop completely)

He tell me it was an optoisolator on the board, I'm gonna send him the grinder tomorrow to see what happens now or if is it the same problem

contraflow88
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by contraflow88 »

I have been through this and you will more than likely need a new power board. You should be able to have those parts replaced free of charge. You need contact mahlkonig to see what they say.

BaristaBoy E61

#10: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Rubenwtf wrote:It's from 2015, I send the grinder to a electrician and he fixed partially, ( it start working, then stop completely)

He tell me it was an optoisolator on the board, I'm gonna send him the grinder tomorrow to see what happens now or if is it the same problem

I looked at the schematic and do not see an 'optoisolator' or optocoupler in the circuit.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"