Has anyone made a doserless from the Nuova Simonelli

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
espressme

#1: Post by espressme »

Has anyone made a doserless from the Nuova Simonelli

I have the home model and it grinds well but I do not wish to waste the extra grind in the hopper between uses.
Thanks!
~Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

LukeFlynn

#2: Post by LukeFlynn »

Are you filling the doser up? I would not recommend doing that. Instead do what's called single dosing. Put your beans in a separate container and weigh out your desired dose then dump it into the hopper. As it's grinder put your portafilter under the doser and repeatedly pull the lever (thwack-twack sound) to break up clumps and get all of the coffee. Dan has done a good illustration of this in one of his Newbie Introduction to Espresso video's.

espressme (original poster)

#3: Post by espressme (original poster) »

[quote="LukeFlynn"]Are you filling the doser up? I would not recommend doing that. Instead do what's called single dosing. Put your beans in a separate container and weigh out your desired dose then dump it into the hopper. As it's grinder put your portafilter under the doser and repeatedly pull the lever (thwack-twack sound) to break up clumps and get all of the coffee. Dan has done a good illustration of this in one of his Newbie Introduction to Espresso video's.
Thank you!
Good point, I do that already. But, I want it for another grind than my Cremina uses and the hassle of multi thwacks is is frustrating. I've converted others but thought this one may have a weirdity that would cause a disaster if I tried.
Thanks though.
~Richard

LukeFlynn

#4: Post by LukeFlynn »

Only one way to know! Take the doser off and see what the structure is like.. you could probably do one of those coke bottle mods.

espressme (original poster)

#5: Post by espressme (original poster) replying to LukeFlynn »

Thanks Luke,
Did that with a few different ones a while back. Getting really lazy in my old and decrepit state.
Thanks
~Richard