The harbinger of the new Pharos?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#1: Post by baldheadracing »

http://www.oehandgrinders.com/OE-PHAROS ... _p_77.html

OE PHAROS Split Shaft Adjustment Collar - 2015 Model

Part Number OE-PH1-C-2
Your Price: $8.50
Availability: Out of Stock

DESCRIPTION
Threaded Split Shaft Adjustment collar for the OE Pharos Manual Coffee Grinder. Fits ONLY the 2015 Pharos Models

-----------------------
http://www.oehandgrinders.com/OE-PHAROS ... _p_37.html
OE PHAROS Split Shaft Adjustment Collar - USA Made Model

Part Number OE-PH1-C
Your Price: $8.50
Availability: Out of Stock

DESCRIPTION
Threaded Split Shaft Adjustment collar for the OE Pharos Manual Coffee Grinder. 1/2" x 13, Black Oxide finish. This is a coarse thread collar. Fits ONLY the original, hand made in USA Models.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

kaldi61

#2: Post by kaldi61 »

like you, i'm checking back frequently for any sign. But because it says for handmade in USA models only, I think this part is not for the next gen Pharos, which i thought was being finalized before toolup in Taiwan.
-Nelson

LMWDP #506 "It's not just for breakfast anymore."

Advertisement
baldheadracing (original poster)
Team HB

#3: Post by baldheadracing (original poster) »

Sorry, I put the description for both the old and new part in the first post. I'll edit it better. :oops:

Actually, I was only checking for some parts to get back in stock, as I finally found a used Pharos and I need some bits.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

CoruscatingCoffee

#4: Post by CoruscatingCoffee »

I would like a more functional adjustment collar for my OE Pharos #804. The OE information says that this collar fits the made in USA models and on a different link it says it fits only those Pharos made in 2015. I need a collar for my #804. Is this it?
"Make me one with everything" said the Zen Master to the hot dog vendor.

CoruscatingCoffee

#5: Post by CoruscatingCoffee »

By sifting through the OE website I answered my own question. I realized they were 2 different adjustable collars. Please disregard my original post.
"Make me one with everything" said the Zen Master to the hot dog vendor.

hankua
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by hankua »

Reading the tea leaves; the updated Pharos will probably have a fine thread on the axle. That would be nice :D

OldNuc

#7: Post by OldNuc »

Most likely metric as Taiwan tends to use metric.

Advertisement
orphanespresso
Sponsor

#8: Post by orphanespresso »

Yes, fine metric thread it will be. Getting closer all the time. About a month to go. All my assembly tools are in Taiwan. We have finalized all the parts and the burrs have arrived so as harbingers go, this is going to happen sooner than later.

wsfarrell

#9: Post by wsfarrell »

Looks like getting the grounds out of Pharos II will be similar to Pharos I. Are you going to be shipping them with a new reflex hammer? :D

mathof

#10: Post by mathof replying to wsfarrell »

Despite all the clever devices on this Forum for removing grinds from a Pharos, I find that shaking them into a small flask held firmly against the base around the opening - as Doug demonstrated years ago in one of his first videos on the Pharos - works fine. The only "mod" I use in this regard* is RDT (a quick spray of water on the beans before grinding). Grind retention is negligible.

Matt

*I do have some other mods on my Pharos, but they aren't related to grind removal.