For the (hopefully) small crowd who uses Mazzer Robur at home and has removed the hopper.

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
37train5k

#1: Post by 37train5k »

I use a Robur-E at the house and removed the hopper for daily personal use. When removing the hopper, I broke the tabs holding it in place as it seemed there was no removing it without breaking them. I tried for hours, but gave up. The tabs breaking was not that big a of a deal, but it did cause beans to fall out of them when filling the throat for a shot. Minor pain, but it was still a pain and caused cleanup to take a few more seconds than had they not.

My daughter saw the beans fall and asked why they do it and I showed her why. Ive got to give props to her for coming up with a clever, simple solution. If anyone else has this problem, shoot me a PM and we will send you a 3d printed version of her solution for free (you pay shipping). She said she would love to print them for people so others can enjoy her invention. See pics below. The one is this pic is a little taller, so I can fill it up with enough beans for two shots. We can make it level with the top of the throat of the grinder if you wish. I only have the clear filament at this time, but will be getting black next.

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

37train5k wrote:When removing the hopper, I broke the tabs holding it in place as it seemed there was no removing it without breaking them.
Glad you found a workaround! For those following this thread, some members have reported success in Removing interlock collar from a mazzer hopper... without breaking it!.
Dan Kehn