Fiorenzato Doge Conico jamming after switch from single dosing to hopper - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Bob_M

#41: Post by Bob_M »

dmw010 wrote:
I think I recall reading that the company actually split into two unrelated businesses, with both somehow using the Fiorenzato brand name.
Thanks for the information.

drgary
Team HB

#42: Post by drgary »

After contacting the company in Italy I am told the stalling is because the motor should have the extra capacitor attached. Look at the diagram below. It is the motor to the right. The capacitor appears to be part 23 31, and I am waiting for them to confirm that.

Just to make sure, they sent me a photo of the missing capacitor.

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

OldNuc

#43: Post by OldNuc »

That will fix it as that is a run capacitor. The diagram is poor, #23 is a pin or screw and the missing capacitor is #31.

dmw010 (original poster)

#44: Post by dmw010 (original poster) »

So it looks like our grinders are missing a factory-spec'd capacitor? That's pretty surprising.

1. How could a mistake like that have happened to multiple grinders?

2. How do we get it fixed?

drgary
Team HB

#45: Post by drgary »

@ Rich: Thanks for clarifying the diagram.

@ David: Pretty amazing, but I'm not entirely surprised. I am following up with the vendor on getting a replacement capacitor. I will install and test it following manufacturer's instructions.
Gary
LMWDP#308

OldNuc

#46: Post by OldNuc »

If you could get the wiring diagram from them then fixing this issue is relatively simple as the capacitor value has been disclosed.

drgary
Team HB

#47: Post by drgary »

That's true. If I don't get a replacement capacitor, with a wiring diagram it shouldn't be a problem to fix it.
Gary
LMWDP#308

OldNuc

#48: Post by OldNuc »

That cap is made in China and is not a capacitance value that is common, this does not help. Wiring diagram is critical as there are multiple ways this can be hooked up depending on the actual electrical design characteristics of the motor.

drgary
Team HB

#49: Post by drgary »

I will request a wiring diagram. Thanks!
Gary
LMWDP#308

Cafedenda

#50: Post by Cafedenda »

This is a polypropylene type capacitor and here's one from Australia but you should be able to find one closer to home. You don't want the oil dielectric type because of size and possible oil leakage.

75uF Run Cap