Elektra Nino? I think I bit off more than I could chew - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
walshman

#31: Post by walshman »

Pulled the trigger on this baby as well after reading this :D

bamaster (original poster)

#32: Post by bamaster (original poster) replying to walshman »

Awesome! :twisted:

My experience has only gotten better. I've been able to dial in the grind for my Red Bird espresso. I ended up tightening the grind and reducing the volume by a hair and still get 25 seconds on a good pull. I was over-dosing at first but it really isn't necessary with the level of grind control.

And I'm making really good shots... and this is 5 month old coffee (albeit stored in a freezer almost the entire time). I'm going to order some fresh stuff but it takes a while to receive it in Saudi. Which is why I buy in bulk and freeze it.

The Nino is performing as advertised. It allows me to grind-tamp-brew. Zero distribution issues, zero.
And I love the fact that it has real "room presence". It's a Nino world. I'm just living in it.

scareyourpasenger

#33: Post by scareyourpasenger »

It might be time to look at a roaster:) Freezing only helps so much. Besides, more toys isn't a bad thing:)

norah

#34: Post by norah »

There are a lot of toasters in Saudi Arabia sent to your door in Riyadh, Dhahran, I deal with them and high quality coffee and import of all the coffee plantations in the world. If you want I will send you their website :D

spaz2

#35: Post by spaz2 »

bamaster,
I hope you enjoy your Nino as much as I have enjoyed mine for the last 3 years. I've had some problems with mine (control pad failed after a year and diagnosing the problem was a hassle as the manufacture was not much help). The other problem I experienced was jamming but it turned out that my step up transformer wasn't putting out what the manufacture said it would.

If you should want to have a smaller bean hopper you might find the hopper from a Mahlkonig twin appealing. The mount is the same and you may use any plastic card for the slide in stopper. Mahlkonig charges a lot for the little piece of metal.

After a hundred pounds of beans you might find the adjustment very tight to turn. If so take the top off and clean the multi-lead threads above the top burr. They may have become contaminated with chrome that didn't stay stuck to the brass. It's a one time problem if it happens.

It's a great grinder that has some quirks like most beautiful machines from Italy. Hard to find a better looking grinder. :)

walshman

#36: Post by walshman »

Heres mine with glass hopper

spaz2

#37: Post by spaz2 »

Wow! Beautiful work.