Elektra Nino? I think I bit off more than I could chew - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
michaelbenis

#21: Post by michaelbenis »

I don't have that hole on my Ninos....

I continue to be very pleased with them and that's for over 5 years now. The earlier of the two was one of the first out of Italy. No problems and a very consistent grind and profile, with minimal need for adjustment. Use it as intended and you'll be very happy. That includes using the built-in timers to dose.

I don't have any noise issues with mine either. In fact I prefer their sound to the Super Jolly.
LMWDP No. 237

walshman

#22: Post by walshman »

That Nino has got my juices flowing. I'm gonna grind the missus into submission for one of those. @michaelbenis you could be my liason with coffeeitalia again (remember the Faema Legend)

bamaster (original poster)

#23: Post by bamaster (original poster) »

How do you mean "liason with coffeeitalia"? That's where I bought mine.

#24: Post by bamaster (original poster) »

cmin wrote:Never used a Nino, just heard owner after owner complaining of noise lol. Almost bought a CTS-V, but can get a crazy discount with GM from wifes fam but now the new V has no manual trans and going way up in price. I gave up trying to find a CTS-V sedan last year, was near impossible to find one in colors I wanted, with manual trans and Recaro seats, plenty with automatics and regular seats though. I may try again come this summer as people start prepping for deposits and selling for the 16' V. Have a friend whose V sedan puts down about 640 rwhp with mods, just a tad quick for a sedan :mrgreen:
I had a 2009 CTS-V. It's 556 HP stock. I put about $4k in mods (pulley, intake, heat exchanger, injectors, tune) and made 540hp at the wheels, which is close to 700 under the hood. Real easy to make big power. It pulled great. I sold it when I moved to Saudi. There are a few 6-speeds for sale on CTSVOwners.com.

I really can't gush enough about the Nino. I haven't had much experience with many grinders. I went straight from a Rocky to the Pro-M. That was a huge improvement. Moving up to the Nino wasn't incremental at all, it was a big jump to me. Maybe I'm just a conical guy but I'm really enjoying this grinder. The best part is that I'm not considering upgrading my Rocket to a GS/3 now. The Rocket is producing espresso better than it ever has.

:D

#25: Post by bamaster (original poster) »

keepitsimple wrote:Threaded hole in the base could be to connect wiring for equipotential bonding. Statutory requirement in some countries especially for commercial installations.

I'm sure Elektra would provide for this, and under some legislations I suspect the connections also have to be visibly in place (although Mazzer put them under the base.....).

Of course, it could be nothing to do with that at all :|
Chicken dinner!

I emailed Elektra about the hole and they confirmed that it is for grounding. Not sure why they would put it there. It could have been put in the back or, even better, under the plastic tray. Oh well.

walshman

#26: Post by walshman »

bamaster wrote:How do you mean "liason with coffeeitalia"? That's where I bought mine.
I had a couple of problems when I ordered my Faema from them and Michael speaks fluent Italian so he kindly liaised. I gotta admit coffeeitalia ain't got a great reputation but having said that as soon as I get the cash I will order from them :|

canuckcoffeeguy

#27: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Elektra products have a certain flare about them. An X-factor that can't be articulated easily. Their machines and grinders seem to possess this ineffable quality. While so much about espresso making is scientific and precision oriented, Elektras seem to have romantic appeal. Just a random thought.

In fact, the shot in my profile picture was pulled on an Elektra T1. That cafe shot spurred my interest in home espresso.

#28: Post by bamaster (original poster) »

walshman wrote:I had a couple of problems when I ordered my Faema from them and Michael speaks fluent Italian so he kindly liaised. I gotta admit coffeeitalia ain't got a great reputation but having said that as soon as I get the cash I will order from them :|
Ah. My experience with them was on the pleasant side. I had an email dialogue with Marco over there and he was helpful with information before I made the purchase.

I was asked to take some photos of my Nino's collar since it seems to b different than some older models.
My unit was purchased new from CoffeeItalia, shipped directly from Elektra, manufacture date 2014.

walshman

#29: Post by walshman »

How do you mean when you say you was asked to take the collar size. BTW what is the collar size? The reason I ask is because I have a glass hopper pushed into the top of my Mazzer major and was wondering if I can do the same to the Nino (provided the wife softens up haha)

EricC
Supporter ♡

#30: Post by EricC »

Tony is actually talking about the design of the collar above the main body, not the size of it.

See pics of the last Nino i owned .......