Custom painted Mazzer grinders

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
HeadshotCoffee

#1: Post by HeadshotCoffee »

Hi,
Just a quick peek at a custom blue Mazzer mini for a customer, not quite finished yet...Need to take care of the feet, maybe blackbomb the fork and custom badge for the back

Beezer

#2: Post by Beezer »

I love it! Is there a matching machine?
Lock and load!

jwCrema
Supporter ❤

#3: Post by jwCrema »

Looks great!

I would re-attach the Mazzer logo/serial number plate if I were you. You never know when you might want to sell it to upgrade.

Everything I've purchased in this hobby was done with the intent of keeping it forever. Yet I've upgraded grinders 4x and espresso machines 3x. I was going to decommission the ECM in favor of the Cremina, but I have been getting nicer cups from the ECM so I use the Cremina for a walkup shot. Is it ok to have two espresso machines? 8)

LukeFlynn

#4: Post by LukeFlynn »

jwCrema wrote:Is it ok to have two espresso machines?
Absolutely! If I had everything I wanted I would have two Linea Minis, 2 Majors, and 2 EK-43s... in my kitchen.

HeadshotCoffee (original poster)

#5: Post by HeadshotCoffee (original poster) »

It provides a much better/cleaner finish when painting over the serial tag (I tried painting around it for a couple of earlier paintjobs and it never really looked any good)
Im going to place a copy of the serial inside the grinder along with the date burrs were changed.

#6: Post by HeadshotCoffee (original poster) »

Had a customer bring us a Mazzer Royal that had been used and abused. This is what happened over a couple of days...

Colour scheme: Red Candy over gold metalic. Custom ghost graphics

Out of the sun the paint looks pretty subdued, graphics are nearly invisible. When the sun catches it, things really start to pop!

Uldall

#7: Post by Uldall »

Nice job ;-)

/Uldall
Bassethound.
Coffee Driven.

SAB

#8: Post by SAB »

Beautiful work!

sarends

#9: Post by sarends »

Great job!

I wish you were closer, I am wanting to paint my EK43. Any tips?

I was thinking of having an automotive shop paint it. Or, I was also considering having it plasti-dipped.

Again, I love the custom colors - great way to add some flair to a coffee setup!

#10: Post by HeadshotCoffee (original poster) »

Thanks.
Plastidiping will give reasonable results with minimal prep to the surface but I found it did not wear well at all. The slightest ding would cause it to rip.

You can always make a booking if you ever feel like a trip to Auckland, New Zealand :D