Compak K3 Touch timed dosing doesn't work

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
sosha
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by sosha »

I've got a Compak K3 touch, new in 4/14. I usually use the on-off switch, instead of the timed dosing. Well, I switched it over to timed dosing (the way you just push the PF against it) and it doesn't work. Tried unplugging and plugging it back it. Still nothing. The hopper is attached, beans are in the grinder. Nothin.

Any advice? I've already emailed 1st-line where I bought it, but, with the holiday, no response yet.
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

nickw

#2: Post by nickw »

If it's not working at all, I'd start with checking the connection/function on the dosing switch.

Advertisement
sosha (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by sosha (original poster) »

Will give that a look later today.
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

pinebrook

#4: Post by pinebrook »

Did you ever get the K3 to do timing?

My K3 timer quit this week after about a year of working perfectly. Naturally, the manual switch position works correctly. I took it apart and everything measures OK - that is: Manual power switch-both positions measure correctly, touch switch measures a short when pressed-that's correct, timer potentiometer varies in resistance from 50K ohms to zero. So, must be the timer PC board. Not very complex compared to what I am used to fixing on other types of equipment. Relatively easy to change. If there is any interest, when I get a new PC board, I can make a video of how to do it.