Clearing chute of Rocky doserless grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Hwynboy

#1: Post by Hwynboy »

Do you have to take the chute off after every grind and then vacuum the old grinds out of it? Seems like a poor design. I'm going to wear out the screws doing this 2-3 times a day. Any advice would be great.

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

Get a top from some container at Bed Bath. It's the one that has a handle on top you squeeze to open. Works perfect to blow out the grounds at the end. Bring the original top so you can check the size. Been using one for years and I never find more than a gram or two of coffee when I open it up. Or I guess you could drill a hole in the top and use some sort of blower to puff it out.

Ira

BenKeith

#3: Post by BenKeith »

I never cleaned mine except when I cleaned the grinder. The Rocky is so small you only have to run a few grams of fresh beans to purge it before grinding your dose.

sweaner

#4: Post by sweaner »

ira wrote:Get a top from some container at Bed Bath. It's the one that has a handle on top you squeeze to open. Works perfect to blow out the grounds at the end. Bring the original top so you can check the size. Been using one for years and I never find more than a gram or two of coffee when I open it up. Or I guess you could drill a hole in the top and use some sort of blower to puff it out.

Ira
It took my brain a few hours to remember that it is called a ClickClack container.
Scott
LMWDP #248