Cleaning my Compak K10 - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
LaDan

#41: Post by LaDan »

If you notice that short red wire coming from the motor? On my K-10 that wire continues on to the small capacitor (40); it is supposed to go to the large capacitor (70).
Oh, now it's clear in the PDF. Yeah, it's what I posted above. Just switch the one "leg" connector from one capacitor to the other. Nothing else needs to be done.

But I think you've already done that.. "nothing blew". ;)

Good job Susan! :D

SJM (original poster)

#42: Post by SJM (original poster) »

Well, I did it in a slightly more roundabout way than that....not surprisingly, but managed to accomplish the same thing.

Maybe I can put the allen wrench back in the tool box where it is supposed to be now????

Thanks for all your support.

Susan

LaDan

#43: Post by LaDan »

That was fun.

BTW, my allen key gets daily use. I use it to clean between the 3 vanes in the grinding chamber after doing a single dose.

SJM (original poster)

#44: Post by SJM (original poster) »

Could NOT have done it without you and Josh !!!

Cammie

#45: Post by Cammie »

Hey Susan, will you fix my K10 Fresh next time it stalls? :) Good job on hopefully resolving your issues. My machine was manufactured February 2013 but I don't know whether that means it could have the too small capacitor issue or something could be miswired. It does not stall too often though. I appreciate all the useful information in this thread.

SJM (original poster)

#46: Post by SJM (original poster) »

Bring it on over.
I've still got all the tools spread all over the table....:-)))

Susan