Ceado E5P looks interesting.

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Portlandia

#1: Post by Portlandia »

Nice to see Ceado come out with an entry level grinder geared for the single doser.

louise78

#2: Post by louise78 »

I haven't tried a Ceado before, but I gotta say it looks very appealing. Not too expensive either, and it has some nice features. Has anyone else tried out Ceado grinders before? I'd like to know what you think about it.

mania

#3: Post by mania »

That does look nice for the price

Only thing I wondered when looking at the activation button
location is will it work with a bottomless PF ?

CoffeeBar

#4: Post by CoffeeBar »

Wonderful budget grinders 8)

Portlandia (original poster)

#5: Post by Portlandia (original poster) »

I do wish it had another activation button, but other than that, the E5P has a lot going for it. I'm assuming you can just hold the PF above the holder, and push the button?

sprin001

#6: Post by sprin001 »

Just ordered one. I'll try to pop in with updates.

mania

#7: Post by mania replying to sprin001 »

Looking forward to hearing your report :wink:

one1speed

#8: Post by one1speed »

louise78 wrote:Has anyone else tried out Ceado grinders before? I'd like to know what you think about it.
I have the E7, which is a larger, dosered version, same burr size. I think it's a great grinder, very solid and stable, consistent, and I feel is pulls great flavors out of the beans. I use it daily without issue. I've read that some feel it pulls out much better flavors than the Mazzer SJ, and some feel it's equal to the SJ, but a quieter, more user-friendly grinder. I've not made the comparison.

I'll be curious what others think, the plastic base a quite a bit different than their larger grinders, perhaps not an issue at this price-point. I will admit I'm curious if the dosing 'snout' would fit on the E7, could be an interesting retro fit if one wanted to eliminate the doser. I use an Auber timer to dose, so it would work easily.

Look forward to reports about the E5P.

mania

#9: Post by mania »

One thing I am curious about regarding this grinder....

Why is it considered an espresso only grinder?
I cannot imagine a grinder that could not go coarser .....
Is it that the adjustment is limited to a tiny range?

Thanks Just Curious

sprin001

#10: Post by sprin001 »

Mania,
As a psychiatrist, I appreciate the name. I think the E5 is mostly considered an espresso only grinder due to the ability to dial in for an espresso grind-size. It would be difficult to do wide range and then return to the espresso size. From what I've read, most people who need a "do-it-all" grinder would probably benefit more from something like the baratza vario with easy changes on a large scale. I'm almost a week in with the ceado and it's been a learning curve. I am on a gaggia classic and the shots keep pulling sour for some reason, I need to ensure temp/pressure are good but the shots look incredible. I'll update more as I go and I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have about the ceado e5p.
-JS