Ceado E37s knocking/grinding noise

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
larcon

#1: Post by larcon »

Hi,
A few days ago I received my Ceado E37 S. I like it a lot compared with the Mini Mazzer, but now I am concerned because of a particular noise which i discovered while i was looking at the burrs.

Let me know if this noise is normal, or the grinder has an issue with a bearing. For me it dosen't sound normal, and Monday i will contact WLL!
Thanks!

trumz

#2: Post by trumz »

Wow, don't put your fingers near/on the burr when it's spinning!

Sounds like some coffe stuck under the lower burr carrier. First swipe/brush/vacuum everything clean and if that doesn't do it, take off the lower burr carrier.

keno

#3: Post by keno »

To me it sounds like a rock or some other object popcorning in the burrs and that won't go through. Have you removed the upper burr carrier to check for anything?

In the meantime I wouldn't keep running it, might damage the burrs.

EDIT: Didn't watch the video long enough to see that you did remove the upper burr carrier. It might be something below the lower burr that is not exiting the chute. Agree with the other post that you should vacuum or use some pressurized air to clean it out.

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC »

I'd call the vendor and if needed, direct them to this video. There's either a small stone or some kind of grit (definitely not coffee) stuck under the lower burr mount. If it was a piece of a coffee bean, it would have worn down and the sound gone away after a bit.

It's likely just some bit of debris that can be cleaned and fixed, but until you know, I wouldn't run the grinder. If it's not debris, you need a new grinder.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

larcon (original poster)

#5: Post by larcon (original poster) »

I ve tried to take out the lower burrs, but no luck! Also, I cleaned it and the noise is still there. Definitely I would ask for a replacement!

Prescott CR

#6: Post by Prescott CR »

If it was making that noise from day one, right out of the box then yes- ask for a replacement.

If that noise came from some coffee you put in there that might have had a small stone... that's hard to blame on anyone including the Roaster. BUT, you'd think if it is the latter you could pull off the lower burr carrier and get it out.

I agree that the sound is something floating around that shouldn't be there :) Not super helpful I know. It's kind-of close to the sound of worn-out bearings but not quite. Obviously that shouldn't be the issue here either.

That's a good grinder by all accounts, it shouldn't do that.
-Richard

trumz

#7: Post by trumz »

Get that lower burr carrier off and clean up whatever is underneath there.. Might as well do it now because you'll need to do it in the future.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by FotonDrv »

TomC wrote:I'd call the vendor and if needed, direct them to this video. There's either a small stone or some kind of grit (definitely not coffee) stuck under the lower burr mount. If it was a piece of a coffee bean, it would have worn down and the sound gone away after a bit.

It's likely just some bit of debris that can be cleaned and fixed, but until you know, I wouldn't run the grinder. If it's not debris, you need a new grinder.
I concur.

BTW, have you tried high pressure air, like 100psi out of an automotive air compressor?
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Komponistkalle

#9: Post by Komponistkalle »

Just as a precaution (to avoid sending heavy grinders back and forth to the vendor, unnecessarily): Could it possibly be what's described in the following excerpt from the manual: ": When the motor is running without grinding coffee beans, it may happen that a metallic noise
is heard coming from the spout. It is normal and it is due to the vibration of the inside flap,
and it will stop when starting grinding coffee beans." ?

The manual is at: http://www.ceado.com/download/5cf39ee_m ... 37se92.pdf

I'm not saying this is the problem at hand, but I thought I might mention it...

I hope you'll find a good solution to this! Best of luck!!! :)

larcon (original poster)

#10: Post by larcon (original poster) »

Thanks guys!

After I sent WLL an email, It was Monday, and nobody contacted me back, today I called them. It is still a work in progress, and they said (customer service) that the issue has a fix because somebody else had this problem. Therefore, I am still waiting for a fix!