Cannot read the digital display on Macap M7D

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Lonny

#1: Post by Lonny »

Hello,

It's been quite awhile since I've been on this forum, but I have a question. I have a Macap M7D digital grinder. I have left the power on the unit since I bought it a couple of years ago. Now I can't hardly read the digital display. I'm having a hard time finding any place to order a new digital display. This thing is a $1400+ grinder. Surely someone sells replacement parts. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks in Advance for ANY help.

Best,
Lonny

sonnyhad

#2: Post by sonnyhad »

Google shows a couple places that sell Macap grinders, that would be a good place to start.
LMWDP 437

Advertisement
Lonny (original poster)

#3: Post by Lonny (original poster) »

Yes i've tried several from a google search, even chris's coffee.... And no go. I believe I'll stay away from Macap in the future if it's this difficult sourcing parts

Burner0000

#4: Post by Burner0000 »

1st Line sells the replacement display for the M4D model. I got a feeling the M4D models use the same display screen as the M7D. It's a pretty simple piece and I can't see why they would make a larger display for a slightly bigger grinder that gives the exact same information. It just doesn't make sense. I don't own a digital Macap so I am guessing here but I'd email Macap & 1st Line and see if the M4D display works on the M7. If so then you can pick it up at 1st Line equipment.

http://www.1st-line.com/store/pc/Macap- ... 3p3458.htm
Roast it, Grind it, Brew it!.. Enjoy it!..

Lonny (original poster)

#5: Post by Lonny (original poster) »

I had emailed 1st line yesterday and inquired about the display for the M7D and the tech person on their end emailed me back saying he doesn't have the part I need. I was assuming he knows that the display for the M4D will not fit.

I did take the display off the M7D and it does indeed look different than the one on their web page for the M4D.

I do appreciate the feedback. I'm beginning to think I might have to order it straight from Macap in Italy.

Thanks again

Burner0000

#6: Post by Burner0000 »

Damn.. I was looking at getting one of these as an upgrade eventually. Not I'm second guessing it.
Roast it, Grind it, Brew it!.. Enjoy it!..

Bob_McBob

#7: Post by Bob_McBob »

Contact Nasi at Coffee Shop Solutions here and see if he can source the part for you. Failing that, I would probably look to the UK or Australian dealers. The M7D has never really been widely available in North America, and unfortunately parts may be quite hard to locate.
Chris

Advertisement
Lonny (original poster)

#8: Post by Lonny (original poster) »

Burner0000 wrote:Damn.. I was looking at getting one of these as an upgrade eventually. Not I'm second guessing it.

This grinder is an absolutely wonderful grinder, it has always performed well. Anyone would have a hard time finding a "better grinder". Any grinder will sooner or later need a part replaced sooner or later. Parts a little hard to source, but can be done with the resources of a forum like this one. Thanks for everyone's help

Best,
Lonny

Lonny (original poster)

#9: Post by Lonny (original poster) »

Bob_McBob wrote:Contact Nasi at Coffee Shop Solutions here and see if he can source the part for you. Failing that, I would probably look to the UK or Australian dealers. The M7D has never really been widely available in North America, and unfortunately parts may be quite hard to locate.

I did indeed contact Nasi and he is going to get the part I need. Thank you for the contact.

Best,
Lonny

CouleurCafé

#10: Post by CouleurCafĂ© »

Lonny- How old is your M7D? Mine is 3 years old and a couple of vertical lines have started to go bad.
Max