Baratza Vario Grinder - First Look - Page 13

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
HB
Admin

#121: Post by HB »

dsc wrote:any info on the production models, did you get anything or are you still waiting?
The folks at Baratza said the production models shipped on Wednesday.
Dan Kehn

shadowfax (original poster)

#122: Post by shadowfax (original poster) »

Dan and I are both waiting on arrival, although Kyra from Baratza has confirmed that they went out last week. I am expecting it to come in this week.
Nicholas Lundgaard

Lockman

#123: Post by Lockman »

Anticipation! :lol:
LMWDP #226.

"It takes many victims to make a culinary masterpiece"

dsc

#124: Post by dsc »

Hi guys,

have you got the grinders already? I'm very curious (as you can see) how the production models are going to behave.

Regards,
dsc.

HB
Admin

#125: Post by HB »

No, but you'll be the second person to know.
Dan Kehn

dsc

#126: Post by dsc »

Hi Dan,

it is taking a while I have to say, where are those grinders travelling from? I understand that all the production models were sent last week, that's including models sent to shops and online stores?

The Vario and Dave's wooden PF handles are two good reason to be living in the US at the moment:)

Regards,
dsc.

greatphotos

#127: Post by greatphotos »

Chris's Coffee sent me an email to see if I still wanted my Vario grinder. I told them yes. They are shipping tomorrow (26th). Somehow I had the impression that the first units were being drop shipped directly from Baratza.

weiv

#128: Post by weiv »

Same here. It looks like grinders will go to retailers first.

IMAWriter

#129: Post by IMAWriter »

zin1953 wrote:Hey, Rob -- if it's any consolation, I am MORE interested in the Baratza Vario than I am the Robur! How twisted is that??? OK, OK, there may be a survival instinct at play here: not only my wife would KILL me if I got a Robur (and being a Criminal Defense attorney, she might be able to get away with it, too!), but "upgrade-itis" hasn't hit me yet (again -- hallelujah!). That said, I'm very interested in the Vario as a second grinder to replace the Quick Mill Doserless . . .

Cheers,
Jason
Jason...you have it easy (having a wife who is a criminal defense attorney), while MY wife has it tough...she's married to a Coffee geek! :lol:

zin1953

#130: Post by zin1953 replying to IMAWriter »

I thought she was married to a home barista! Image Image :mrgreen:
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.