Baratza Sette 30

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by yakster »

Baratza has announced they're coming out with a base model Sette 30 model without the fine adjustment and with brew burrs at the SCA Expo. MAP will be $249 and the new burrs will also be available for the Sette 270 and 270W.

http://dailycoffeenews.com/2017/03/20/b ... -sca-expo/
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

thecoffeefield

#2: Post by thecoffeefield »

Saw that on Facebook. Really good idea, it might be a good candidate to replace by Breville Smart Pro

Advertisement
redbone

#3: Post by redbone »

Good info Chris.

I also read this ".......this might just eventually include a beefed-up Forte-style Sette. "We might just do that," Anderson teased.

I wonder if a Forte like beefed up Sette would address the high decibel level.
I know it's fast but I'd rather have a longer running lower decibel grinding experience.

I do like how the Sette disperses its grinds in a funnel like shape. It has the nucleus for further constitution.

Good foundation for future enhancements.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

ebola5114

#4: Post by ebola5114 »

redbone wrote:Good info Chris.

I also read this ".......this might just eventually include a beefed-up Forte-style Sette. "We might just do that," Anderson teased.

I wonder if a Forte like beefed up Sette would address the high decibel level noise.
I know it's fast but I'd rather have a longer running lower decibel grinding experience.
Hi, let me ask you what "beefed-up" state for, I don' get it (english is not my native language..)

Thanks !

wsfarrell

#5: Post by wsfarrell »

"Beefed up" refers to stronger, thicker construction, maybe metal replacing plastic in some areas.

Beezer

#6: Post by Beezer »

I hope they do come out with a more commercial style Sette. I like the current version (from what I've read anyway, I haven't actually used one yet), but it seems like it could benefit from a sturdier construction, if only for improved ergonomics and reduced noise. It would be nice if they'd improve the rather cheap looking buttons and user interface too. Even if it ended up costing twice as much, it would still be a good deal compared to most other commercial grinders.
Lock and load!

RikC

#7: Post by RikC »

Having now owned a Sette 270W for about two months I simply -love- this device. After some initial fiddling with a offset options for the weight based grinding it's now very consistent in weight dosing and it is incredibly easy to maintain and clean and it allows you to work very neatly with little waste.

And I've only been using it for filter coffee up to now. The espresso machine, a Linea Mini, will be arriving soon.

Since I've been been enjoying quite some filter coffee up to now I'd seriously consider getting the 30 for filter coffee next to the if the 270W proves a match for a LMLM. When buying the Sette I had not yet arrived at this 'espresso machine for life' idea. I'd probably opted more for a 1000-2000 Euro range as is common good 'matching the grinder to the machine' advice. But then again the Sette has been said to punch above it's weight, and again, the incredible usability, it's hard to beat!

Or wait for Baratza to eventually introduce a 'titan class' Sette (the 270W would go for filter duty/2nd grinder then) :mrgreen:

Advertisement
Calendar

#8: Post by Calendar »

yakster wrote:Baratza has announced they're coming out with a base model Sette 30 model without the fine adjustment and with brew burrs at the SCA Expo. MAP will be $249 and the new burrs will also be available for the Sette 270 and 270W.

http://dailycoffeenews.com/2017/03/20/b ... -sca-expo/
The new, inner "brew burrs" are available now from the Baratza website for $26.

curmudgeon

#9: Post by curmudgeon »

redbone wrote:It has the nucleus for further constitution.
I re-read that three times and I still have no idea what you mean. :D

redbone

#10: Post by redbone replying to curmudgeon »

Fixed. Meant good engineering bones but the implementation has room for improvement.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549