Baratza Preciso spinning the wrong way, can I change the DC motor direction easily?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Intrepid510

#1: Post by Intrepid510 »

Okay so the motor in my Preciso is on it's last leg and Baratza was kind of enough even after having the grinder for 3 years to send out a new motor to me.

However I get it in there very easily, yet it's spinning the wrong direction now and cannot grind, counter clock wise as oppose to clock wise. Is there a switch or something on the motor that I am missing?

Edit: From what I can gather it's not simple as simple as there being something I pushed on the motor. How hard is it to switch the direction of DC motor?

LaDan

#2: Post by LaDan »

So, like, you now put ground coffee in the chute, and it makes coffee beans into the hopper??? :shock:

homeburrero
Team HB

#3: Post by homeburrero »

Sounds like you got the wires reversed.
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

cygnusx1

#4: Post by cygnusx1 »

Intrepid510 wrote:How hard is it to switch the direction of DC motor?
It shouldn't be that hard. What kind of leads and wire connections are coming out of the new motor? Did you compare them to the old motor? What do they connect to?

If you give us a little bit more background we might be able to walk you through it. If its connected directly to a transformer, you might be able to reverse the leads and see if that works.

Intrepid510 (original poster)

#5: Post by Intrepid510 (original poster) »

Well the new one is on the right, tell me if you need a better picture. The out shell unfortunately does not look like it's easily removed.

Intrepid510 (original poster)

#6: Post by Intrepid510 (original poster) »

Okay simple enough just the bottom wires needed a switch.

cygnusx1

#7: Post by cygnusx1 »

Good! Now git to grindin'...