Arrived! Laranzato HC-600 - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
hbuchtel (original poster)

#11: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) »

Heycafe Myster wrote: For any further questions please contact us at the factory. or here at this site.
Hello Ilan, thanks for posting here!

I'm also interested in what you have to say about the paint, since it seems it might be related to the stiff grind adjustment. I'm planning on cleaning mine out with paint thinner (while holding the machine upside down!) as mentioned in that thread.

If possible, can you also tell us more about the design? Was it licensed from Mazzer, or is there no patent on the design?

re: timer/ no timer question I mentioned earlier in this thread- I got an email from Harmonie at the company yesterday who told me that the model I received (with a simple on-off switch) is sold for the local Chinese market, while models with the timer are sold to the US (and other?) markets. So besides the switch my grinder should be the same as those sold anywhere else.

Off to practice using the doser :)

Henry
LMWDP #53

Heycafe Myster

#12: Post by Heycafe Myster »

I am a shamed to say you are right about this point, we had one batch of machines that was stained as the picture is showing, and of course it was already corrected on our assembly line.
you can use paint remover or thinner to easily remove these stains.

To the best of our knowledge there is no patent pending for this particular design.
There are few similar existing designs in the market.

Thread must be accurate and stiff, the reason for that is the top burr holder is "floating" on springs if the thread will be lose and free the top burr holder can "dance" freely while grinding to reduce the grind quality.

ILAN

DigMe

#13: Post by DigMe »

orwa wrote:Thank you for sharing, a great grinder for a great price. Good that the little ones from the east are helping the prices down. $300 is really an awesome price for such a grinder,
Keep in mind that $320 is the price of the grinder IN CHINA where it is manufactured. It would be more once shipping and duties are factored in for your country.

brad

orwa

#14: Post by orwa »

Yes right but there is a good margin for similar costs while maintaining the viability of the offer. This looks sturdier for example than the MDX which is sold for $560 around and for the chance that the burr is of lower quality I have thoughts that the Super Jolly burrs might be compatible (which I can get original for great price). Anyway even without such a replace I think it's fine, and most importantly... I like red :).

Heycafe Myster

#15: Post by Heycafe Myster »

Pricing outside China markets (we are currently selling in more than 12 countries) is very competitive taking the machines details (if comparing apple to apple).
The HeyCafe brand is a "made in China" but other than that it is owned and managed by westerns.
Our burrs are fully compatible with Mazzer burrs (64RC hardness) and we can also promise 400-500KG of ground coffee between services.

ILAN

kahvedelisi

#16: Post by kahvedelisi »

Heycafe Myster wrote:we are the designers and producers of the HC600.
Producers sure... designers?? not so sure...

no offence but... if we're to call you designers for changing product color from gray to red (and reducing price to half), then what we're supposed to call mazzer guys... plain engineers?? maybe...
Resistance is futile. You will be caffeinated!

Heycafe Myster

#17: Post by Heycafe Myster »

No offend taken, my friend, wait to see our new models machines to be revealed this October...
Any new industry should start somewhere and we decided to start where the success proven record is already exist (And i would not under estimate the ability to cut the price into half on a product which is not a labor intensive product...moreover if you check the details of our machine you will see some improvements comparing the original design and for sure not just color changing)
Hey cafe is intending to re define grinding concept and our fresh ideas are going to impact the entire industry, I can promise you that.
We hope to contribute to the grinding industry same what Japanese car makers contribute to the car industry.
Memorize the name HeyCafe
Wait and see.

:-)

ILAN

shadowfax

#18: Post by shadowfax »

Heycafe Myster wrote:To the best of our knowledge there is no patent pending for this particular design.
There are few similar existing designs in the market.
So, I am curious, do you (or anyone else) know if Mazzer holds/still holds a patent for their grinder adjustment, i.e. the spring-mounted upper burr housing that is held down by a super-tightly-threaded adjustment collar? That is the only thing that strikes me as odd. I always assumed that the reason that Macap and other manufacturers don't use that design in their grinders (which IMO is quite superior in terms of both convenience and safety) is because they couldn't, because Mazzer has a patent on that. However, I have no idea if they hold that patent or in which countries it is held...
Nicholas Lundgaard

another_jim
Team HB

#19: Post by another_jim »

The floating burr is not under patent; Fiorenzato uses it on their grinders.
Jim Schulman

hbuchtel (original poster)

#20: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) »

Heycafe Myster wrote:(...) wait to see our new models machines to be revealed this October...
Need any help with testing? ;)

Henry
LMWDP #53