Any new Mazzer Super Jolly doserless designs???

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
zubinpatrick

#1: Post by zubinpatrick »

Going to do mine soon. Checked out archives...nothing awesome yet....hmmm just had an idea. I was hoping to put a push button on the porta hanger so a little pressure and it grinds....also why do all the home mods have such a huge collector....is there any reason a small one wouldn't work?

ZDUNK31

#2: Post by ZDUNK31 »

Did you do your mod ? Curious, as I am considering the same.

Euology101

#3: Post by Euology101 »

Why not do the Doserless mod like this (this is a Mazzer mini, you can do the same thing with the SJ, just one different part) :

I'm getting an SJ next week, and plan on swapping the mod to the SJ, and put it on a darkroom timer. Can't ask for much more.

-Justin

ZDUNK31

#4: Post by ZDUNK31 »

Where did you purchase the parts from for your mod ? The funnel, lid, and gasket are easily found, but I can't seem to find the back cover anywhere. Also, have you seen the SJ burr swap for the mini ?

Euology101

#5: Post by Euology101 replying to ZDUNK31 »

http://www.espressoparts.com/cgi-bin/ep ... _id=813565

This is the backing plate for the SJ. I have seen the SJ burr swap, but it requires modification for the Mini Carriers as only the Mini-E carriers are sized for the 64mm burrs. I'm working on getting an SJ and selling the Mini.

Bobmac

#6: Post by Bobmac »

I mod'd my Super Jolly with the Espressoparts gear. It was easy and works and looks great. Well worth doing.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by pizzaman383 »

It's not a Super Jolly but here goes. I just got a Fiorenzato Doge 83 for a very good price and after one day I knew I hated the doser. I had seen a picture of a funnel mounted inside a doser so I did it this morning.

It's kind of cludgey but it was free and all the bits are hidden inside the doser (the cap still fits on). I'll probably eventually buy the Super Jolly doserless funnel but this will do for a while.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

ZDUNK31

#8: Post by ZDUNK31 »

Thanks for the replies, I definitely plan on doing the mod in the future.
Was also thinking about the timer switch, and am looking at trying to wire in a timer circuit and replace the dial switch with an off/on switch.

Euology101

#9: Post by Euology101 replying to ZDUNK31 »

Do a search for Delta Timers, seems like a slowly merging mod for the larger Grinders. I think it is probably one of the better mods, it's by far the most precise, and if done right, it can be non-evasive, to where if you upgrade you can keep the mod for the next titan grinder.

espressotime

#10: Post by espressotime »

I did the SJ doserless mod an I have to say it sucks big time.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156 ... 004-45.jpg

Due to static problems(which an original grid didn't solve one bit) it makes a mess.
I built it back to hopper after a few days.The doserless kit has been in the box since I rebuilt it back to it's original state.