Affordable Mazzer Tray?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
fishll

#1: Post by fishll »

So Im in love with my new Super Jolly, purchased used in great condition and got a good deal. I love how fast and even the grind is as well as how clean the doser is kept with the sweeper mod. Ive printed and installed the snout funnel thing and its really cut down on stray grounds on my counter but I'd still like a catch tray that could easily be dumped instead of sweeping up the grounds, but for what Im finding its just out of my price range.
I know I spent a pretty penny on the grinder but cant get myself to pay that much for stainless tray! Are there any sites Im not seeing that have the tray for a reasonable price? Or does anyone have any alternatives? Thanks HB.

jonny

#2: Post by jonny »

Do they not come with the tray? I thought they did... (just noticed you said you got it used)
Anyhow, before I had a tray, I just placed a large-ish saucer under the doser.
Whenever I see the Robur's tray, I think of a pizza pan. Maybe look for a small stainless pizza pan that you could cut foot slots into? It is seen on this page, labeled "drip tray - stark": http://www.1st-line.com/parts/mazzer/index.htm
Also they have the Super Jolly tray for $50 which beats out Espresso Parts at $66.

EDIT: Chris Coffee also sells it for $50 and has the Mini stainless tray for $40 which might work if it sticks out far enough (which it should since all the Mazzer dosers are the same diameter). The Super Jolly tray sticks out a bit further than necessary IMO and I used to push it back underneath the front feet when my counters were shallower. The Mini tray may actually work really well for home use. Check the dimensions though.