The 90 cent Pharos mod

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
pacificmanitou

#1: Post by pacificmanitou »

I have a bit of an obsession with modding my pharos. I actually bought it so I could mod it indefinitely. I have most of voodoodaddy's mods, and Sweaner's mod using the OE funnel to load. Redpig's recent exploration with alternate parts has me enthralled, though I consider it to be more of a new device than a Pharos mod. Im also working on some of my own, the greatest being a motor mount. Here, however, is a less ambitious mod: may I present, the 90 cent mod.

What I sought to solve here is the discomfort of gripping the pharos the way I do. I put the outer bolt between my thumb and forefinger, holding the middle and lower plates like a sandwich, and bear down on the center plate with my palm. This is a very stable way of holding the pharos, but it digs into my palm and hurts a bit after a couple shots. With that in mind, I purchased a sheet of adhesive craft foam at a craft shop for 90 cents, and cut some parts to fit. My pharos is now infinitely more comfortable to use. The foam is also available in several colors if one would like to add accents to their setup.
LMWDP #366