New home lever? - Dalla Corte Mina

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

I am not 100% sure, is this a new lever from Dalla Corte? It appears like a lever arm on top to me.

"Mina is our latest invention, and we're very excited about it. Mina will give anyone - from barista to home connoisseur - the control they need to make coffee exactly the way they want to."

http://dallacorte.com/index.html

LMWDP #371

aecletec

#2: Post by aecletec »

Doesn't appear to have much leverage if it's a direct or spring lever?
It looks like there might be a gauge up top of the group... maybe it's like a paddle control gizmo which controls a pump?

Advertisement
[creative nickname]

#3: Post by [creative nickname] »

My guess is that this is their version of paddle-controlled flow profiling on a pump machine. But I suppose all we can do is wait and see!
LMWDP #435

Bak Ta Lo (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by Bak Ta Lo (original poster) replying to [creative nickname] »

That would be really interesting! I don't see many Dalla Corte machines in this part of the world. But this new Mina is quite charming. Can't wait to see some specs on it.

This pic is from the Dalla Corte Facebook page
LMWDP #371

Espresso_Monkey

#5: Post by Espresso_Monkey »

aecletec wrote:Doesn't appear to have much leverage if it's a direct or spring lever?
It looks like there might be a gauge up top of the group... maybe it's like a paddle control gizmo which controls a pump?
Agree, could not imagine that this is either spring or direct lever. Not enough leverage.

mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by mgrayson »

Maybe this isn't the place to muse, but if the problem with making a small spring lever machine is the thing tipping over from the required lever force, how about a ratcheting handle? Shorter handle, but requires several pulls to load the spring. I've never used a spring lever, but I fear the tactile pleasure of using one would be lost. One might as well have an electric motor load the spring! :shock:

Has anyone made such a creature?

--Matt

yakster
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by yakster »

I saw an photo on another thread with a filter cone on a coffee cup under the shower head that leads be to believe that this would have a pump in order to deliver that volume of water from the group.

Here's a short vid on the lever action
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Advertisement
Bak Ta Lo (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by Bak Ta Lo (original poster) »

yakster wrote:I saw an photo on another thread with a filter cone on a coffee cup under the shower head that leads be to believe that this would have a pump in order to deliver that volume of water from the group.

<image>

Here's a short vid on the lever action
Ahhh... Thanks for finding a video.

Interesting, looks like the handle controls preinfusion and brew action. If you zoom in the gauge right above the lever handle is a pressure gauge too. Just cannot tell if it affords pressure profiling. So, not a lever machine, but I am still intrigued nonetheless!
LMWDP #371

HoldTheOnions

#9: Post by HoldTheOnions »

Really? That's it?

ira
Team HB

#10: Post by ira »

yakster wrote:Here's a short vid on the lever action
Sounds like there's a solenoid clicking every time he moves the lever and it takes no effort to move the lever so it's likely just a vertical paddle.

I like the matching grinder on the right though. Very cool looking.

Ira