Crossland CC1.5 & 1.0 extraction tips - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Calcreole (original poster)

#11: Post by Calcreole (original poster) »

I had considered a Vario upgrade route but after researching, seemed the Ceado was a step above plus I only make latte's & caps. My only priority is what meaningfully improves my cup and is still an affordable/practical home solution.

#12: Post by Calcreole (original poster) »

Stherric,

The $2k Monolith Conical is a beautiful beast. Feeli like I would need to upgrade my espresso machine at that level.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Bossman

#13: Post by Bossman »

Calcreole wrote:I had considered a Vario upgrade route but after researching, seemed the Ceado was a step above plus I only make latte's & caps. My only priority is what meaningfully improves my cup and is still an affordable/practical home solution.
Personally I would be hesitant to buy a Ceado right now. Their prices have gone up several hundred dollars in the last 4-6 weeks. The EP6 was selling for $600 about six weeks ago and now they want $840 for it, the EP5 was $490. The E37s went from $1200 to a whopping $1700.

#14: Post by Calcreole (original poster) »

Yeah, I hear you. I'm looking at the E5P which is around $650. If there is a better brand/model of single dosing grinder that's a step up from the Vario but sub 1k, please pass those suggestions along.

#15: Post by Calcreole (original poster) »

It's a toss up between the Fiorenzato F4E Nano V2 (flat 58mm burrs/250 watt) or the Ceado E5P (flat 64mm burrs/300watt).
Not sure which is better in the cup and consistency. Price is about the same $600 or so.

Bossman

#16: Post by Bossman replying to Calcreole »

Chris's has the Compak K3 Elite on sale, I don't have experience with it but I do have with its bigger brother the K10 and its a wonderful single doser and built like a tank.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/Compak-K3-E ... k3egpa.htm

Edit: It might be a good idea to call Mckenzie @ Chris Coffee and ask what she/they would suggest for a single dosing grinder between the F4E and the K3.

#17: Post by Calcreole (original poster) »

Damn it, just when I thought I had the list narrowed down. The Compak looks good too.
Not that I solely go by technical specs but 58mm flat burrs and a 210 watt motor. Is this
single dose friendly? The number only tell you so much, of course it comes down to:

A. The quality in the cup
B. Consistency
C. Build/brand quality.

Bossman

#18: Post by Bossman replying to Calcreole »

Actually I just saw you said 1k. Also look at the Eureka Zenith 65e, if I had a grand to spend max that would be it. However I don't know how it does for single dosing. Also the compak E5. I know all the choices are hard, but its nice to have options...

#19: Post by Calcreole (original poster) »

Pulled the trigger on the Ceado E5P from WLL.

Thanks to all for the feedback.