Original Hario V60 Filters on Amazon?

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
gophish

#1: Post by gophish »

Has anyone successfully ordered the original Hario V60 filters from Amazon? Specifically, I'm looking for the 02 size in white.

I tried to reply to the "Did Hario V60 Filters Change Recently" thread here: Did Hario V60 filters change recently? but it was too old.

Thanks!
Versalab

borisblank

#2: Post by borisblank replying to gophish »

I've been buying mine from Prima ever since the kerfuffle, and they've always been the original Japanese V60-02s. That doesn't answer your question, but if you want to ensure you're getting that particular filter, it might be worth it to shop for them there.

Almico

#3: Post by Almico »

I've been buying these from Amazon, natural though. I love them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015Y ... UTF8&psc=1

RyanJE

#4: Post by RyanJE »

Have some of theses coming this weekend. Hope they are right!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U ... UTF8&psc=1
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

gophish (original poster)

#5: Post by gophish (original poster) replying to RyanJE »

That's what I was going to order, as it kind of leads you to believe those are the "original" ones, but there were still a few reviews that commented on the different paper and longer draw downs. Please let us know what you end up getting.
Versalab

SonVolt

#6: Post by SonVolt »

Did Hario ever comment on the matter? If not I'm shocked a company with Hario's reputation would make such a drastic change to one of its most fundamental items without at least addressing it.

RyanJE

#7: Post by RyanJE »

gophish wrote:That's what I was going to order, as it kind of leads you to believe those are the "original" ones, but there were still a few reviews that commented on the different paper and longer draw downs. Please let us know what you end up getting.

Got the misarashi ones (which I believe means oxygenated) and they appear and work exactly as expected. Ive only been using V60 for a couple years but they are the same.

No tab and sort of a thin but cotton like texture.

gophish (original poster)

#8: Post by gophish (original poster) »

Thanks, Ryan, I might give those a go next time around.

In the end I decided to just buy 400 from a local roaster. They ended up being the same price as through Prima after you factor in shipping. It was interesting to me that the roaster/cafe also acknowledged that they have noticed the same thing and have had to be careful in which ones they get saying, "yeah, I'm not sure what their (Hario's) deal is, or why they can't figure it out."
Versalab

RyanJE

#9: Post by RyanJE replying to gophish »

Also, has the idea of knockoffs been ruled out? Not sure.

jesse

#10: Post by jesse »

I'm running out..

Can anyone link me to recently verified legit VCF-01 or VCF-02 filters on Amazon?