Grinder advice, budget less than $1000

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Stryker

#1: Post by Stryker »

So I am in the market for a new grinder, to replace my smart grinder pro. Budget is less than 1000.00 dollars.

Eureka Atom or Fiorenzato F4?

Any other suggestions are welcome

Devin H

#2: Post by Devin H »

Both are great grinders in your budget range with the atom being quieter between the two.

Sam

#3: Post by Sam »

What's the most important quality of a grinder to you? And do you know if you want flat or conical?

You could also expand your bang for the buck range by looking for used grinders; I picked up a Major locally (I'm not too far from you) for about $600 and it should last forever.

Bossman

#4: Post by Bossman »

Take a look at my chart. I think I have most of the popular grinders under 1k listed, then you can research/ask questions on the grinders that most interest you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... IE/pubhtml

Personally if I had a 1k max budget I would look hard at the F64 EVO and the Eureka Zenith.

redbone

#5: Post by redbone »

Also consider the Compak E5. Approx $900 as of 4/20/17
*Stepless grind adjustment.
*58mm flat burrs.
*650 Watt Motor.

For $600 the Ceado E6p with electronic dosing is hard to beat. 64mm burr and 300w motor.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Gfcronus

#6: Post by Gfcronus »

Sam wrote:What's the most important quality of a grinder to you? And do you know if you want flat or conical?

You could also expand your bang for the buck range by looking for used grinders; I picked up a Major locally (I'm not too far from you) for about $600 and it should last forever.
Considering he just joined the board and this was his first post, he's probably not all that concerned with flat vs. conical. (Unless his moniker is an alias and he just wants to see how long it takes for someone to recommend the KAFATEK MONOLITH!!!!)

Tanax

#7: Post by Tanax replying to Gfcronus »

Just because you're new to this board doesn't mean you haven't read up on espresso before :) There are other places with espresso information other than HB ;)

ira
Team HB

#8: Post by ira »

Gfcronus wrote:Considering he just joined the board and this was his first post, he's probably not all that concerned with flat vs. conical. (Unless his moniker is an alias and he just wants to see how long it takes for someone to recommend the KAFATEK MONOLITH!!!!)
He said under $1000 so why would we.

Ira

chipman

#9: Post by chipman »

I guess hand grinders are not en vogue anymore? If my budget was $1000. i'd go with the HG1 hands down.

pnassmac

#10: Post by pnassmac »

redbone wrote:Also consider the Compak E5. Approx $900 as of 4/20/17
*Stepless grind adjustment.
*58mm flat burrs.
*650 Watt Motor.

For $600 the Ceado E6p with electronic dosing is hard to beat. 64mm burr and 300w motor.
+1 on the Ceado. I, too, upgraded from the Smart Grinder Pro. I seriously looked at the Atom because of similar specs but could not justify the $300 cost delta even when factored of the time of ownership. I also think brightly lit screens are just another opportunity for failure and while the Ceado keeps great time there's no screen to go bad. it was competitive on grinding plate size (64mm), mess-making (practically none), footprint (very small), and most especially noise. Compared to the SGP, it's very quiet.