Any shop or coffee place in London with a Spirit/Speedster, Slayer or Synesso?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
neverfinder

#1: Post by neverfinder »

Hi there,

As the topic says, I'm currently visiting London for a week and thought the chance to see these machines might be a bit higher compared to my hometown Munich.

Thx for any hints and tips.

Christopher

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

You could visit the not so humble Coffee Works Project to see the Slayer
Our Slayer Coffee: Great coffee needs great skill and precision and our unique espresso machine, the only one of its kind in London, helps us achieve this.

It is a completely manual espresso machine, no buttons, no automatic dosing, just a paddle and a lever that relies on the skill of the Barista.

We vary the pressure in which we brew espresso enabling us to highlight the individual flavour profiles of the coffee whilst making espresso unlike any you have probably tasted before.
Found this with a web search so I have no idea how good the coffee is.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

shawndo

#3: Post by shawndo »

There is also this link on the Kees site showing where to find their machines:
http://www.keesvanderwesten.com/where.html
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by yakster »

You might check out the website London's Best Coffee which appears to list the hardware (espresso machine and grinder) and software (beans) used at coffee shops. Sharps Coffee Bar is listed as having a Kees Spirit (another site states it's a three group) using beans from Barn Berlin that you may be familiar with.

I searched on Synesso and one of the hits on the London's Best Coffee site I got is for Dose Espresso which shows that they use a Synesso Hydra 3 group and Square Mile beans.

Enjoy your trip and I'd be interested in a trip report when you get back.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272