Starbucks: Phantom Espresso

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
TomC
Team HB

#1: Post by TomC »

This thing looks weird in a fun, burn lots of money because you can- sort of way. It looks like single dosing has now crept out of the kitchen of the average home barista.

http://www.starbucksmelody.com/2017/03/ ... y-phantom/

This youtube video shows the tail end of the extraction. It looks kinda cool seeing it rise upwards.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

markmark1

#2: Post by markmark1 »

That is pretty cool.

3rd wave future for Charbucks?

wachuko

#3: Post by wachuko »

It is a nice show. But more than the theatrical aspect of it...you select the beans you want for your shot. Even if it is only from four choices, it is a great start!!
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

napierzaza

#4: Post by napierzaza »

Strange, so it's a auto machine?

Gets a bit awkward when they just spin it to dump out the liquid. Not like it matters since most people mix the crema. I wonder how fine it actually gets.

chrisbodnarphoto

#5: Post by chrisbodnarphoto »

I wonder how GOOD it ACTUALLY tastes!

cmin

#6: Post by cmin »

Curious about dose amount as that looks huge for an espresso pull, almost like their pulling lungos or cafe crema style, neither of which taste good to me lol. Looks really blondish too.

aecletec

#7: Post by aecletec »

Yeah it's a fancy looking superautomatic? Not exactly our niche...

redbone

#8: Post by redbone »

Drink entertainment.

I've had bottom filled beer at a baseball game.
The cup has a magnetic disc that seals with added fluid pressure once the flow stops.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

duna

#9: Post by duna »

Meh. Phantom for sure, espresso-wise that's a dead end in my book. Went inside a Starbuck once in my life, and I dared even to order something (it was a top-looking place). Worst cappuccino in my life. This phantom could not be worse than that, at least this looks funny.