Opinions of Rocket R58 / Monolith Flat combo

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
caffe1

#1: Post by caffe1 »

Hi! I am new to this forum but not new to coffee! I have a Rocket R58 and a Monolith Flat and wanted to know if anyone uses the same machines and their opinions on them.

Devin H

#2: Post by Devin H »

Plenty of R58s here and the monolith owners are a growing group for sure. Just search in the search box and you'll find tons of owners and their opinions.

redbone

#3: Post by redbone »

^
^^
^^^
What Devin said.

Search bar here: /espresso-machines/ for machines

...here /grinders/ for grinder specific.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

caffe1 (original poster)

#4: Post by caffe1 (original poster) »

Will do- thanks!

gzim

#5: Post by gzim »

My setup is pretty close.. I have the Quickmill Luca M58 with the Monolith Flat... love them.
My M58 is plumbed in, so I can enjoy a line pressure pre-infusion.
Very happy with the setup. I have stopped thinking about grinder upgrades.. and other than splurging for a Hydra.. I am done for now.

caffe1 (original poster)

#6: Post by caffe1 (original poster) »

I think there comes a point financially when its not worth it to upgrade unless the machine is very old & not working properly.
I myself wanted to upgrade to La Marzocco GS3 bc the roaster- Coffee labs in Tarrytown makes an awesome cappuccino with their La Marzocco Strada.

Instead of upgrading, I read many articles and watched many videos on foaming, changed the steam tip and experimented with different milks.

gzim

#7: Post by gzim »

I live in Westchester too... Do you buy beans there? be great to find a local source...

Of course I agree about upgrading to a pressure profiling machine. I understand the upgrade would be small compared to going from a Baratza Vario to a Monolith Flat where the proof is obvious in the cup. The Hydra just looks like it would be fun to pull shots with!

caffe1 (original poster)

#8: Post by caffe1 (original poster) »

Gzim- I do buy some Coffee beans at Coffee Labs- Its an amazing place and their roaster is in the caffe.

I personally am not crazy about their Circus Dog espresso blend but i love their decaf beans. They currently have Colombian and Brazilian. They make awesome cappuccinos there with their La Marzocco Strada.

Its worth a visit there.

They are located at 7 Main Street in Tarrytown. Let me know what u think.

melkorman

#9: Post by melkorman »

I am qurious about how the combo Rocket R58 + Monlith Flat is working out for you? I have a R58 and will but a Monolith Flat as soon as possible (this summer probably, according to Denis of Kafatek).