Pharos vs. Macap M4 - help me understand my experience? - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
maxbmello

#11: Post by maxbmello »

I can second the fact that I never adjust the grind setting on my Pharos. Only change bean dose to adjust flow and it works great for multiple pump machines. I love my Pharos and wouldn't trade it for anything else!

rpavlis

#12: Post by rpavlis »

I have had Pharos #633 for a quite a while now. To me it is a great grinder. The Pharos has always been an evolving grinder, and later versions have several improvements over the way mine was originally. One thing I especially like about it is that it is so easy to modify. The greatest improvement I ever made to it was to replace the plastic spacers with aluminium ones I made. The newer ones come with aluminium! I also replaced the grind adjustment with a split collar, but new ones also come that way!!!

It is capable of extremely fine grinds and is wonderful for Turkish grinds. It is also small enough and light enough to transport to various social occasions.

Thus I am a Pharos fan.

andresfranco

#13: Post by andresfranco »

orphanespresso wrote:Believe it or not, in spite of the long history of Pharos and OE bashing ( some from HB users who we have no record of having a transaction or email in almost 8 years) we are going to build 184 Pharos this month. That would be the royal "we".
Regards
Pop
I am new here (waiting to receive a La Pavoni Gran Romantica in the next few days) and would love to get my hands on one of the 184 Pharos!!
Andrés Franco

LMWDP #571

mania

#14: Post by mania »

orphanespresso wrote:Believe it or not, in spite of the long history of Pharos and OE bashing ( some from HB users who we have no record of having a transaction or email in almost 8 years) we are going to build 184 Pharos this month. That would be the royal "we".
Regards
Pop
On the other end I think there is also much praise for OE grinders :wink:
I know I have been super happy with my Lido 3
20.5 grams in & 20.5 grams out an average of 6-10 times a day for over a year now &
has never skipped a beat.

As to customer service it was either you or Barb who recently responded to my email promptly letting
me know that you were waiting on burrs for the restocking of your Pharos as I am on the waiting list
& so looking forward to it.

Lastly you can take pride as they say in the old saying

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Because it is not hard to see where designs like H***r 101 & F****rind came from
Not to mention the Ma***ut which looks 100% like a reverse engineer of your Pharos at 3x higher the price :wink:

In any case just want to say thanks again for great & affordable grinders that
do what they should over & over again

max

#15: Post by max »

mania wrote: Because it is not hard to see where designs like H***r 101 & F****rind came from
That's right! They look remarkably similar to Turkish coffee grinder!

mania

#16: Post by mania replying to max »

True as far as the Lido style goes. :wink:
Also being an Honorable type of company I see they themselves also
gave credit where credit was due........

"(a nod of sorts to the oldest of all travel grinders, the Turkish mill)"

Quote from their history page
http://www.oehandgrinders.com/OE-Coffee ... _42-1.html