Kaldi Classic Roaster - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
dominico
Team HB

#11: Post by dominico »

I emailed them and they responded to my email. I'll send you a PM.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

BartG

#12: Post by BartG »

Hi, I'm also on the verge of buying a coffee roaster. I'm doubting hard between the kaldi classic and the kaldi fortis. The capacity of the classic is more to my liking, but I'm wondering if the fortis is maybe better build and the better roaster of the two (in which case I would buy the fortis).

Actually I've been mailing back and fort with seinn tech and they're responsive. You can just write to them in English, unfortunately the answers are rather short.
I received this answer today regarding the qualitative difference between the classic and the fortis:

"...Fortis, insulated and air flow is more good. Therefore, Fortis is much better...."

I'm not sure if that's really the case or a selling argument.

amagad

#13: Post by amagad »

is it possible to buy the fortis, cooler and the stand for both units as shown in their examples?

AscherJim

#14: Post by AscherJim »

Can you share the email address you used with me as well? Thanks. Jim

BartG

#15: Post by BartG »

amagad wrote:is it possible to buy the fortis, cooler and the stand for both units as shown in their examples?
I believe I saw a note that the stand in the pictures is not for sale.
You can combine buying a kaldi roaster and the cooler and the same time.

BartG

#16: Post by BartG »

AscherJim wrote:Can you share the email address you used with me as well? Thanks. Jim
I'm using the email mentioned in the English g-market ad for the kaldi:

seinnnetATgmailPOINTcom

watch out for the triple n, I believe it's there where mistakes are made ;-)

mikemaddux (original poster)

#17: Post by mikemaddux (original poster) »

amagad wrote:is it possible to buy the fortis, cooler and the stand for both units as shown in their examples?
I believe you can buy the Fortis and cooler/chaff collector, but the stands are not for sale. It says so on one of the pictures.

AscherJim

#18: Post by AscherJim »

BartG wrote:I'm using the email mentioned in the English g-market ad for the kaldi:

seinnnetATgmailPOINTcom

watch out for the triple n, I believe it's there where mistakes are made ;-)
Bart: Thanks. That's the one I used, though, in my initial query, in which I received a reply only referring me to their site. When I went back a second time asking for an English translation of the options designated only on Korean, I received no further reply. Maybe I'll try once more. Thanks again, Jim

#19: Post by mikemaddux (original poster) »

BartG wrote:"...Fortis, insulated and air flow is more good. Therefore, Fortis is much better...."

I'm not sure if that's really the case or a selling argument.
Interesting. Maybe he's right, and the price difference is only around $240. Still, I like the smaller capacity and the wooden handle on the Classic.

If only there were a huge user base we could get information from! Actually, the presence of a user community is a huge argument in favor of the Huky. It's a little scary being a pioneer.

#20: Post by mikemaddux (original poster) »

It just occurred to me that the fact that the electric adapter for the Fortis is built in might be a problem for American customers. With the Classic it's external, so you could substitute on your own. Something to make sure of before buying.