Stefano Ugolini Mystery

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
apoarch

#1: Post by apoarch »

Hey Folks,

It's my first post and I'm new to the community. I recently inherited a Stefano Ugolini Espresso maker. The only problem.... no portafilter!!! So i'm leaning on the knowledge of the collective hear to help me solve my problem. I guess I either find a person willing to sell this rare item or perhaps there is a fabricator out there interested in a project. Your thoughts???

Oh and yes I have talked with Thomas E Cara (San Francisco) and Stefano Espresso care (Oregon) without luck.

Help me ahhh :)

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Congratulations! There's one posted on eBay Italy. Maybe they can measure the portafilter and basket for you.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

dominico
Team HB

#3: Post by dominico »

It looks very much like an old Elektra Microcasa a Leva, so I'm going to venture a guess at 49mm. Maybe someone would be willing to loan you an extra portafilter to try it out.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

apoarch wrote:It's my first post and I'm new to the community. I recently inherited a Stefano Ugolini Espresso maker...
Adam has cross-posted this same message on CoffeeGeek here. I've put the thread on cooldown status because we strongly discourage cross-posting. Here is the rationale.

Why is cross-posting strongly discouraged?
Gary
LMWDP#308

apoarch (original poster)

#5: Post by apoarch (original poster) »

Thanks for the quick response! I will check it out. And sorry for the cross posting, I didn't realize the implications.

Bob_M

#6: Post by Bob_M »

Hi. Adam. I happen to have a spare portafilter for an Elektra micro casa a leva. I live in ripon, ca about 90 mi from you. Id be happy to send it to you for trial. If you are interested send me a pm and we'll go from there.

drgary
Team HB

#7: Post by drgary »

I heard from someone that a Microcimbali portafilter and basket may fit. The Microcimbali portafilter is a similar size to the Millennium (3rd gen) La Pavoni Europiccola. If that's true, Elektra would be a bit too small at 49 mm.
Gary
LMWDP#308

apoarch (original poster)

#8: Post by apoarch (original poster) »

Thanks Gary I'll look into it