Cimbali Eleva woes

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Gustopher

#1: Post by Gustopher »

Hey all, advice needed. A sucker for punishment as always I just purchased up a La Cimbali Eleva, one of my all time favourite levers, in need of a whole lot of love. unfortunately there was a nasty surprise on arriving home and pulling off the group cover. One of the bolt flanges had been broken off completely and on top of that 20 years in a basement on the coast was not so kind to the aluminium castings of the group... At some point the whole array had been stuck back together by some bright spark with window silicone!

Can anyone advise if a replacement can be sourced and from where? As far as I can tell the top part of an M15 lever group would fit. If possible I'd like to avoid going down the path of getting a replacement cast.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by JohnB. »

Bead or soda blasting would clean up the casting & you should be able to have that piece tig welded back on to the casting??
LMWDP 267

Advertisement
CoffeeBeetle

#3: Post by CoffeeBeetle »

you say that the Eleva is one of your all time favorite levers, could i ask why? I've found almost no info about this lever and what i could find it wasn't described as anything special. Cimbali isn't exactly a unknown brand and the size of the machine is perfect for a lot of home users, so i figured that something must be wrong if nobody knows about it.

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Paul_Pratt

#5: Post by Paul_Pratt »

That does look repairable. Also there has been a complete lever group on Ebay for some time, although I can't seem to find it now.

CoffeeBeetle

#6: Post by CoffeeBeetle »

I've never found that thread, very interesting read Gary!

Gustopher (original poster)

#7: Post by Gustopher (original poster) »

drgary is on the money with that thread. Such wonderful castings. I also have a thing for that ugly duckling 70's enclosed group design.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try get it Tig welded and hope it works out. If you see that listing again mind giving me a shout?