WC Morris Blue Bottle, Oakland CA

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
salcangeloso

#1: Post by salcangeloso »

https://bluebottlecoffee.com/cafes/morse

If you are in the Bay area I'd highly recommend this shop. It's a Blue Bottle, which is available all over SF, but this is my favorite location. It's a gorgeous building, with a espresso repair shop inside (not sure if it's active or for show?) and they made the best coffee I had during my recent trip to SF.

Also has a little shopping section there with a Linea Mini you can play with as well as a big level machine (Profitec Pro 800 maybe?) and a few Baratza grinders. I don't know enough about commercial machines to identify what they were using, but both machines were gorgeous. The backup was a triple group lever.

Goes without saying that the espresso was incredible. I'm a big fan of BB's Hayes Valley blend.
HG One / '85 Cremina / Thor 49mm tamper

Not2Bitter

#2: Post by Not2Bitter »

The lever is a Quick Mill Achille, I've messed with that one when they had it hooked up. I love that location always a good spot to stop by.

salcangeloso (original poster)

#3: Post by salcangeloso (original poster) replying to Not2Bitter »

Ah, awesome on the machine. Bigger than I expected -- so great to see the machines in person when you can.

Ever see anyone working on an espresso machine in the shop area? I went with a regular and he noted it's always empty (though he doesn't work in the area so could just be that it's happening during the work week). They had some pretty cool machines back there.

Not2Bitter

#4: Post by Not2Bitter »

Yea Erica is there head tech, since they stopped doing outside machine repairs she's usually just there like a regular 9-5 during the week. If you see her back there she's very nice and obviously knowledgeable.

salcangeloso (original poster)

#5: Post by salcangeloso (original poster) replying to Not2Bitter »

Great to know! Will be back within the next few months.

Forgot to mention there was a a VST basket, new 58mm PF (LM?) and a few other things for sales in the repair section, which seemed really cool. All easy stuff to find online, but, again, so cool to be able to play with it first and possible even talk to an expert.