Coffee Shots: like Tinder for home baristas

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Marshall

#1: Post by Marshall »

I never saw an app so tailor made for home baristas. Provide good coffee for weary travelers. Meet new people who share your passion. Reported on Sprudge today: http://sprudge.com/coffee-shots-100550.html. The website is in Dutch, but the Coffee Shots explanation in the Apple App Store is in English (in the U.S.).
Marshall
Los Angeles

CwD

#2: Post by CwD »

My guess is the only demand for this app is the demand to be the supply. I don't see many people installing it just to drink the coffee.

That being said, it sounds like it could be fun. I wouldn't mind just offering free shots on it a couple times a week.

Fausto

#3: Post by Fausto »

I don't think I'll get much (any) traffic where I live, but I'm gonna try it out, why not!

I feel like any customers would likely be fellow enthusiasts, but who knows it could get popular.

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Inviting complete strangers into our home for coffee? I like to give strangers the benefit of the doubt, but draw the line at our front door. That would be more worrisome than giving my home address to someone on Craigslist.
Dan Kehn

Simon345

#5: Post by Simon345 »

I hate to say it but the way this will end is with the less honest in society using this as a means to facilitate equipment theft.

Criminals would be delighted at a system where they are literally invited into the home of a prospective target to view not only the often expensive espresso machines available but the presence of any dogs, door alarms etc... with a view to coming back when it looks like no-one is at home.

Sure there are other means by which criminals can come to a home, but this seems too convenient a mechanism to match specialized equipment to an address for me to want to be part of it.

Fausto

#6: Post by Fausto »

Yeah you're both probably right, not worth the risk. With some tweaks I would be okay with it. A review system where you only let 5 star people see your listing - something like that.