Moving to new house. Keep or sell Elektra T1/Compak K10? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
cruzmisl (original poster)

#11: Post by cruzmisl (original poster) »

I'm seriously looking at the LM GS3 as a replacement. Anyone discount LM or are the prices rigorously set by the manufacturer?

Compass Coffee

#12: Post by Compass Coffee replying to cruzmisl »

MAP (minimum advertised price) is set by mfg. Call around and likely can do a bit better.
Mike McGinness

Coffeecritter

#13: Post by Coffeecritter »

It sounds as if you're looking for more of an esthetic change, rather than a functional one. That being said, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity for plumbing in and electrical options - including a 220V and other dedicated high capacity circuits. If possible, a separate sink for the coffee station makes life much easier.
Life's too short to live in Dallas!

LMWDP #157

cruzmisl (original poster)

#14: Post by cruzmisl (original poster) »

You're right. The T1 makes a fantastic cup but I'm going the 220V route, proper plumbing instead of my rig and a small sink. I bought my T1 from Chris' Coffee so I'll give him a ring tomorrow. Repeat customer has to account for something :-)

TxHr

#15: Post by TxHr »

Joe,

The space to the left of the refrigerator would be ideal for an espresso machine, both functionally and aesthetically. As for the grinder, I would put it in the corner, as it is dead space. Lastly, I would recommend having an R.O. System plumbed to provide water to your refrigerator and you could install a split for your espresso machine. This setup will provide the most usable counter space and functionality. Good luck with your new house and your decision.

Brandon