The Perfect Barista Towel - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Nik

#11: Post by Nik »

I have never noticed the lint. My espresso machine has a highly polished finish and I use them all the time to remove water spots, coffee stains. I just make sure they are clean ones before using them on the chrome finish. The Costco ones are so soft that I have never had a problem. I am sure my wife uses a fabric softener cloth in the dryer when she dries them.

Perhaps I just don't take care of my microfiber cloths correctly. I own a pack from Costco (and one from Sams). I find that after I wash them they become lint magnets, making them undesirable to use for cleaning polished or smooth surfaces (fear of scratching). Do you air dry yours?[/quote]

civ

#12: Post by civ »

Hello:
Marshall wrote:A dark brown towel that hangs conveniently from a towel ring and doesn't look gross after a few uses.
Brilliantly stated.
Thank you, Marshall. =-)

Advertisement
neutro

#13: Post by neutro »

I like my Cafelat microfiber cloth towels as well. I like the colors (vs most other microfiber towels), they're extra soft, dry very quickly, never stain or smell bad, never got lint -- and I wash & dry them with other dish towels, rags, clothing, etc. Once wet with hot water they are awesome to clean the machine & accessories.

They're a bit on the expensive side but I don't think I'll have to buy more for years.

Fluffeepuff (original poster)

#14: Post by Fluffeepuff (original poster) »

TxHr wrote:I haven't experienced any fading on my Cafelat towels. They dry quickly and are extremely absorbent. I have tried other microfiber towels but none have performed as well as these in terms of absorption. I'm sure there are less expensive alternatives out there. I was turned-onto these towels by my local roaster and he used them on his $18k Slayer. Figured I couldn't go wrong with following his lead.
Brandon, thanks for the followup. I saw a review on Amazon that complained about bleeding and was curious if it was an isolated incident.
blueface wrote:Hi Joe, have you considered the Barista Cloth set from Rhinowares? A newly launched product..
Thanks for the headsup! I hadn't seen this set before. If I can find the set from a vendor in the US then I'll put it in the running.
ira wrote:If you want microfiber towels to stay nice, it helps to wash them alone. One covered box for clean ones and one for dirty ones, when the dirty box gets full wash them all and put them in the clean box. Do that and there is a good chance they will last for quite a while, wash them with other fabrics and it won't work so well.
That's how I generally use my microfiber cloths... but I think my 'dirty' ones need to be separated by category on HOW they got dirty. I noticed that the cloths I use for weapon maintenence stain the clothes I was cleaning after washing my car. Different chemicals mixing together in the washing machine, doesn't seem ideal. I'll probably get a new batch from Costco and be more careful with how I use/care for them.

Thanks for all the inputs! I have more options to look at compared to when I wrote my OP, which is exactly what I was hoping to achieve.

FirstBetta

#15: Post by FirstBetta »

IIRC I bought some Microfiber clothes from Amazon and used them for a while, mediocre, bought Cafelat microfiber clothes, vunderbar!!! I've found that the vast majority of fabrics sold today have some finish applied that restricts absorbency so they should be washed before first use. The Cafelat clothes were the same,

The Cafelat clothes were softer in the hand after washing, cleaned better, remained damp longer, in short, did everything better.

The Rhinowares clothes were interesting but, WHERE are they sold stateside?

bean2friends

#16: Post by bean2friends replying to FirstBetta »

Yeah, so Rhinowares products apparently unavailable to me. Odd! But, I am completely happy with the Cafelat clothes.i just wish they had white and brown. I got the Cafelat clothes from Chris about 5 years ago. Use them every day and they are still like new.

Paul_Pratt

#17: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Fluffeepuff wrote:Brandon, thanks for the followup. I saw a review on Amazon that complained about bleeding and was curious if it was an isolated incident.
The black cloths are like any item of coloured clothing, they will bleed a bit on the first few times they are soaked but that will subside. I remember years ago we went through many different samples and selected the best cloths money could buy and we still do.

Your post reminded me to have a look at the Amazon reviews which I seldom do as they are quite soul destroying. Another review of the cloths said they failed to insulate from the heat of a steam wand???? But by far the "best" review of our product ever on Amazon was a 1 out of 5 stars for our awesome silicone "Small Flat Mat" because it was too small :D

Advertisement
TxHr

#18: Post by TxHr »

I personally haven't experienced any bleeding/fading. I am very pleased with the quality and the product. I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again or recommend to anyone. They are a little pricy but I find I'm using the towel for more than one use since they dry quickly, don't absorb orders and just flat-out work. I probably sound like a commercial for these towels but they fit the bill for what I was looking for. For me it was truly "the perfect barista towel".

Fluffeepuff (original poster)

#19: Post by Fluffeepuff (original poster) »

TxHr wrote:I personally haven't experienced any bleeding/fading. I am very pleased with the quality and the product. I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again or recommend to anyone. They are a little pricy but I find I'm using the towel for more than one use since they dry quickly, don't absorb orders and just flat-out work. I probably sound like a commercial for these towels but they fit the bill for what I was looking for. For me it was truly "the perfect barista towel".
I'll definitely give them a try. Lots of positive feedback which is great.
Paul_Pratt wrote:Your post reminded me to have a look at the Amazon reviews which I seldom do as they are quite soul destroying. Another review of the cloths said they failed to insulate from the heat of a steam wand???? But by far the "best" review of our product ever on Amazon was a 1 out of 5 stars for our awesome silicone "Small Flat Mat" because it was too small
The power of the people... with a SINGLE click - so much power! 8)