Crossland CC1 showing error E2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mandos

#1: Post by mandos »

Back in November '14 I purchased a CC1 as my first real espresso machine (previously owned a few Mr Coffee "espresso" machines) and it was wonderful for 4 months. In March '15 while steaming some milk the display showed error code E2 which, checking the manual, shows that the steam boiler did not get up to temp in a timely fashion. Unfortunately, since then this code has not gone away. I tried leaving the machine off for a few hours and coming back to see if it was a temporary thing but every time after that code has been triggered.

I tried e-mailing bill@crossland multiple times with no response which was disappointing as I saw on this forum he had been very helpful to another user who experienced another of the error messages:

Crossland CC1 showing E1

Eventually I reached out to the store I purchased the product from who worked to facilitate communication between Bill and myself which eventually ended in him telling the company that I should ship the unit back to them and that it's just a simple parts issue. I finally got the product ready for shipment as the original packaging was in storage and I didn't dare to send this machine in something I'd randomly built and come to find that they are no longer able to get replacement parts as they have discontinued their relationship with Crossland as well. They recommended I reach out to the manufacturer (which I have) but, given how well that went over the last 16 months, I'm doubtful of my chances of getting a response.

Could anyone here help troubleshoot how to solve this? I'd even disconnect the boiler altogether in order to not have a $700 paperweight at this point.

And I know this is on me as well, I had a $700 machine fail and didn't promptly ship it back when offered in November of this year but I was paranoid about breaking it and wanted to wait until it could be fully packed in it's original materials. Nor did I reach out to the store before having multiple unresponsive e-mails from the manufacturer over the course of 8 months.

I'm also holding out hope that the store I bought from can get a response where they will be shipped the part and I can get this unit sent off to them.

If anyone can offer any advice here that will get this thing functioning without shipping though, I'm all ears.

cmin

#2: Post by cmin »

What is the "part issue" that could be fixed? Never had the e1/e2 error with my CC1. Bill was always fast to respond to emails for me over time. Not sure what else to say except try him again by email or # listed on his website.