ShureShot timers for La Marzocco, Synesso, Slayer etc - Page 8

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sdalcorn

#71: Post by sdalcorn »

I guess this could be considered "correcting factual errors", anyhoo - here goes;

sdalcorn is my personal account and my company is Alcorn Café Engineering. We designed and manufacture the ShureShot Timer.
I won't lie - I'm still not EXACTLY sure what the Shureshot does after all of this very technical discussion (and by looking at the website), but I AM most definitely interested!
It's a shot timer. It was conceived as a shot timer. It is a shot timer and then we just kept adding features to to it'
2 Inputs (for Slayer and Synesso Levers and later our MP Head replacement)
4 programmable timers (0~99s)
3 programmable outputs - YOU tell it what you want the outputs to do at any point in the extraction
Cleaning Function
Auto Group Head Pre-Flush (0~9s)
Auto Group Head Post-Flush (0~9s)
Switch between Auto (Chronometric?) and Manual mode

It is NOT a Volumetric Controller. It does NOT provide any analogue control of pump pressure.
Is there a 'layman's terms' description of all of it's functions? As for the multi-stage pump possibility (from my understanding of the diagram), are the times and the levels of pressure adjustable?
We switch 3 outputs according to time. The pressures are controlled by the particular machine and either standard or additional hardware.
Just some clarification might be great for folks considering a cool option for their own machine but aren't quite clear exactly what they're getting into would be great. :)
Again - I don't think I am allowed to - but I guess we'll find out.

sdalcorn

#72: Post by sdalcorn »

That being said, I believe if you put up a post in the 'Marketplace' you would be allowed to discuss your product openly (HB - please correct me if I'm wrong!). You could make the title simple (something like 'ShureShot Timers For Home Barista's) and include a simple explanation, pictures of your product, and even some videos of it in operation if you wanted to.
I thought the Marketplace was for sponsors only? I have asked about being a sponsor and am more than happy to.

AssafL

#73: Post by AssafL »

It looks like a good solution for those machines that do not have a built in timer and/or volumetric control.

Machines that stand to gain the most will be of the kind that:

1. Have an electric Brew valve (what is known as 3-way) - so manuals like levers and E61 will not have the benefit of automation.
2. Not have a built in timer.
3. Be plumbed in to enable pre-infusion.
4. Don't have a cleaning cycle.

For example, I can see this being awesome on a Mini Linea. It will add automation, pre/post-infusion, timer capabilities, a cleaning cycle and pre and post flushes.

At $170 the price is similar to other coffee related controls (such as the TC4C roaster control board with LCAdapter).

As for plumbed-in semi-automated AV machines that have built in timers and cleaning cycles (like the GS/3) - I still think this is overkill for the rather mundane task of separating the pump activation from the 3-way activation (which is all you need for pre/post-infusion). 2 caveats:
1. If you deem automated pre & post flushes are important (I happen to not think so - at least not on a saturated group) - then perhaps it is still worth your while.
2. It does take some technical dexterity to select, install and configure the necessary control to separate the motor and the 3-way valve (even on a GS/3. So there is a definite advantage for those less technically inclined.
3. You will have two timer displays. I don't like having two timers - looks like a bad design. You can turn off the GS/3 timer or hide the Sure Shot controller in the machine (so it can do its thing in the background).
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

cowboy80

#74: Post by cowboy80 »

Can anyone tell me how to contact Shureshot (AlcornCafe) ? I've tried the form they have on their website but have not received a response and the form doesn't allow for comments either. Any help would be appreciated.

canuckcoffeeguy

#75: Post by canuckcoffeeguy replying to cowboy80 »

Try through their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/alcafebrewer19/

cowboy80

#76: Post by cowboy80 replying to canuckcoffeeguy »

Thanks will try that.

Terranova
Supporter ❤

#77: Post by Terranova »

cowboy80 wrote:Can anyone tell me how to contact Shureshot (AlcornCafe) ? I've tried the form they have on their website but have not received a response and the form doesn't allow for comments either. Any help would be appreciated.
You can also contact him via Instagram. We installed his Shot timers on our workshop Slayer and we really like them.

michael

#78: Post by michael »

what does the shot timer add to the slayer 8)

Terranova
Supporter ❤

#79: Post by Terranova »

michael wrote:what does the shot timer add to the slayer 8)

You must have missed Sean's answer. :D
It's a shot timer. It was conceived as a shot timer. It is a shot timer and then we just kept adding features to to it'
2 Inputs (for Slayer and Synesso Levers and later our MP Head replacement)
4 programmable timers (0~99s)
3 programmable outputs - YOU tell it what you want the outputs to do at any point in the extraction
Cleaning Function
Auto Group Head Pre-Flush (0~9s)
Auto Group Head Post-Flush (0~9s)
Switch between Auto (Chronometric?) and Manual mode

michael

#80: Post by michael »

Thnx

who could I get to install this in the united states in a new slayer 8)