Best espresso machine/Baratza Sette 270W combo, budget < $3000? - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
ira
Team HB

#21: Post by ira »

Unless the current feedback on the Sette does not hold up in the production version. I've seen one taken apart and I know how it's built so I personally expect it to be really good. I expect it will be both easy to adjust and be at least close to perfectly repeatable when changing settings. Grind quality has more to do with burr quality, burr alignment and the rigidity of the burr support system. At first glance it looks like it should do a good job of those three, but we won't know until a month after they start shipping.

Ira

pcrussell50

#22: Post by pcrussell50 »

Depends on your priorities. The BDB is so temp stable, that you will have to go to a saturated brew group machine, if you want that kind of walk up, load, lock pull, and know the temperature is right on the money. If the aesthetics of chrome brass and steel are your priority, and you don't mind a little ritual to getting your temperature right, then there are many excellent HX and DB E61 choices out there, as discussed here, that are a good deal cheaper than the saturated brew group class.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

fpoulenc (original poster)

#23: Post by fpoulenc (original poster) »

thecatch83 wrote:You will blow that old set up out of the water!!
You were right, Ty! I've had some amazing shots come out of this machine in the last month, and with the temperature stability and the Acaia Lunar they're quite repeatable.
My daughter is bringing me some fresh Intelligentsia Black Cat varieties from Chicago this afternoon, so looking forward to trying it. Thanks for the advice, everyone; I will report back when my Sette 270W arrives in (hopefully) late July!

-Andy