Quest M3: Request for a photo of the ventilation switch assembly [Solved]

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
AndreG
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by AndreG »

Could one be so kind to post a photo of the ventilation switch (variable resistor) assembly?

While doing a routine cleaning. I dropped the motor blower assembly for cooling the drum. The wires pulled on the electronics of the ventilation switch causing a short circuit. I did not notice it, pluged it in after the cleaning... Results: Fireworks with sound effects!

I found the variable resistor on eBay but I do not have the part number for the D1 (It's burnt to a crisp). DIAC1 shows two branches (BT136 has 3, probably blown away thus the need for a photo.)

YES! I installed a quick dismount for the motor assembly as some have pointed out. I know, I should have installed it when some members offered there modifications). I will probably try to mount the electronics on a board. I did write to order two assembly from Molly. I am still waiting.

My machine is a 2012-12 120v model.

Than you for your time and help!

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Nunas »

I ddon't have a photo, but I posted a schematic some time ago on HB. Just search Quest Schematic and it will pop up. On it you'll see that the circuit for controlling the fan speed is the same as that for controlling the heater. If memory serves, the one for the heater is mounted on the roaster body; you should see the part number there.

AndreG (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by AndreG (original poster) »

Thank you, I did find the schematic. Sadly, the heaters circuit is wired differently on mine. There's only one triac. I am afraid that my knowledge is rather limited on the subject. That's why is am looking for a photo to see how they wired the triacs and part the number as sited on my photo.

That said, the triac used for the heaters is number BTA16 600B Yes, the components are wired the same. It's tempting to try it. On the plus side, I found the all the parts on eBay ad at a local electronic store.

PROBLEM SOLVED!