My first post - Elektra find on kijiji!

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
L_ingenieur

#1: Post by L_ingenieur »

Hi,

Just subscribed to the site. Once had a semi automatic breville machine - did at least 10 000 shots with it during the university. When it gave, the wife wanted to go capsules (yep, nespresso...)... Now recently I breaked up with her, decided to buy a decent coffee machine.. And found this today on kijiji :)

Paid 400$ canadian or about 300 USD for it. A steal at that price in my opinion!!

On'y thing missing is the inlet hose, doesn't seems too standard because homedepot didnt have anything.. Will pass at caffe crema tomorrow (in Mtl)

Next steps are wood joysticks and portafilter and I will have the housing painted bright red.

This site is amazing btw!!

Séb

#2: Post by Séb »

Look like a great deal you had Guillaume :wink: Welcome to the forum.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#3: Post by cannonfodder »

If I am not mistaken, the old T1's valve assembly parts are no longer available so if you rebuild/clean it take care with the steam/water valves. If you break one, you have to replace the entire assembly with the new version. It is around $500 for a new set.
Dave Stephens

B-Rod

#4: Post by B-Rod »

I bought a T1 off Kijiji as well, also for a screaming deal. Enjoy!

L_ingenieur (original poster)

#5: Post by L_ingenieur (original poster) »

Great advice - gratze!

L_ingenieur (original poster)

#6: Post by L_ingenieur (original poster) »

Well well well...

I have connected the machine today

With water from the aqueduct the pressure relief on the boiler opens.. So I suspect high pressure from the aqueduct.. Will probably need a regulator..will do that tomorrow morning
'
But then I tried suckkng in from a non pressurised bottle... And the pump doesnt suck anything... It is normal? (No external check valve and I didn't prime the line)

When I put the motor on On I hear a kinda electrical buzz but not any rotary sound from the pump...

The manual states the intake pressure must be between 1.5 to 4.0 bar... So the pressure regulator will do that.. But in the meanwhile do you guys think the pump is dead?? Should I be able to suck in just by putting the hose end into a water bottle?
'

Thanks for helping