Fiorenzato F4 first impressions

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Mwilson4040

#1: Post by Mwilson4040 »

I thought I would post this review because of the lack of info I found on the fiorenzato f4 grinder. Just received it today and was worried about the complaints I read about. 1. The hopper lid is to big for the hopper this is very true. It's like my 2 year old wearing my Ohio State hat. 2. The portal filter holder being sharp, didn't really notice this. Overall the finish on the grinder is excellent and the thing feels like a tank. Very impressive on the kitchen cabinets. I will find a way to add soft material to inside of lid to make a good seal. I'll post more when I fire this bad boy up. Thanks

kize

#2: Post by kize »

Not sure where you're looking- There are multiple threads and at least 6 pages on coffee geek dot com regarding the f4. It's a good grinder. Like the super jollies- the lid is not meant to seal- air tight canisters for bean storage is your best bet. As a first adopter I still like my mine.

Mwilson4040 (original poster)

#3: Post by Mwilson4040 (original poster) »

the only info I saw was from the same 3-4 people who had grinder including yourself. As someone who never bought anything like this I wanted real world pics and explanation. This thing is nothing like I imagined. Much cooler. For example the way the grind size adjusts I thought would be a PIA, but nope super easy lol. I wish a total newbie could have explained there experience.

rockethead26

#4: Post by rockethead26 »

I wish this grinder got more love. It really is an outstanding value for an espresso grinder, especially if you want to single dose.

thecatch83

#5: Post by thecatch83 »

Great set up Mike! I have heard nothing but good things about the F4, and it should server you well for years. I would remove the tacky espresso Italiano sticker on the side though :wink:

CSME9

#6: Post by CSME9 »

Mwilson4040 wrote:I thought I would post this review because of the lack of info I found on the fiorenzato f4 grinder. Just received it today and was worried about the complaints I read about. 1. The hopper lid is to big for the hopper this is very true. It's like my 2 year old wearing my Ohio State hat. 2. The portal filter holder being sharp, didn't really notice this. Overall the finish on the grinder is excellent and the thing feels like a tank. Very impressive on the kitchen cabinets. I will find a way to add soft material to inside of lid to make a good seal. I'll post more when I fire this bad boy up. Thanks

<image>
Ref sharp porta filter holder-I added/trimmed small clear plastic sticky dots along the holder which solved the issue. Someone also mentioned a clear spray on plasti dip material might work.

sturob

#7: Post by sturob »

I'm a beginner who is starting with a six month old $400 ebay F4 and a new Gaggia Classic. Equipment arrives this week. What a strange, exciting trip this will be. Too much good espresso that I wasn't making at home. My superauto? Gone. It won't be missed, methinks.

Hope the F4 is good to me!

clivecoffee
Sponsor

#8: Post by clivecoffee »

Nice pictures of a killer package! The black paneled La Spaziale machines are a match made in heaven with that chrome, and the F4 is definitely a serious performer at a great price. Once people actually hear it in action and see how clump free the grind is, it's hard not to find something to appreciate.

@BP