From Scratch DB Home Lever - Page 7

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#61: Post by pizzaman383 »

Jorian wrote:No I don't. I find that the group will settle after a few flushes! This is not a CMA group though. It's a La San Marco!
That's why I was so curious. I find it very interesting that the two groups behave so differently.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

jontyc

#62: Post by jontyc »

Jorian wrote:No I don't. I find that the group will settle after a few flushes! This is not a CMA group though. It's a La San Marco!
Happy to see that final exclamation mark after being asked today by my LSM group supplier if I still wish to go ahead with the order, as they can't accept returns.

Jorian (original poster)

#63: Post by Jorian (original poster) replying to jontyc »

My only real complaint about the LSM Group is the screen retaining clip and the dispersion screen its self. It is pretty wild and not particularly focused..

jontyc

#64: Post by jontyc »

I've heard the screen is an issue, but recall reading a fix for it. I couldn't find it upon searching though. Do you recall it, or maybe someone else?

dominico
Team HB

#65: Post by dominico »

Other levers with clip on type screens, especially the older ones like the Faema or Brugnetti groups, can benefit from adding a layer of mesh right above the screen. There is a Brugnetti thread here somewhere that I will link to later when one of our members cut the mesh from an E61 screen and put it above the clip on screen.

Can you adjust the flow rate of the group? I have fixed the "wild flow" problem of a few groups simply by adjusting the flow restrictor from completely open to something that gives you a nice controlled flow. If it is still wild even with a slower flow then you'll definitely know it's the screen.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?