Guatemala Acatenango Gesha - Roasted on the Huky 500T

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Aguirre

#1: Post by Aguirre »

I have recorded one of my roasting sessions -with some very special beans btw - as there's a lack of videos (at least on Youtube) of the Huky 500T. So, for anyone who's interested, here it is:
Any feedback/question is welcome

mymenhir1971

#2: Post by mymenhir1971 »

I love huky....nice!!!!!

genecounts

#3: Post by genecounts »

Hey Aguirre:

Love your set-up. Have the same identical one right down to the red variac(bought mine off Amazon) for controlling the fan in tiny increments. Your vid and your music is very professionally done.

Roasted Guat Gesha on my old Gene Cafe past two years and now on the Huky. What a world of taste difference. The Huky is blowing it away.
Your roast sequence is spot on as I have looked back at my Artisan chart from a few weeks ago.
Outside the Peterson farm in Panama the Guat Gesha is the best gesha out there so far.
Thank you for this great video.

Boldjava

#4: Post by Boldjava »

genecounts wrote:Hey Aguirre:

Love your set-up. Have the same identical one right down to the red variac(bought mine off Amazon)....
OT: Gene, Might be a different manufacturer, obviously, but mine melted before 6 months. Keep an eye/nose on it.
-----
LMWDP #339

Aguirre (original poster)

#5: Post by Aguirre (original poster) »

genecounts wrote:Hey Aguirre:

Love your set-up. Have the same identical one right down to the red variac(bought mine off Amazon) for controlling the fan in tiny increments. Your vid and your music is very professionally done.

Roasted Guat Gesha on my old Gene Cafe past two years and now on the Huky. What a world of taste difference. The Huky is blowing it away.
Your roast sequence is spot on as I have looked back at my Artisan chart from a few weeks ago.
Outside the Peterson farm in Panama the Guat Gesha is the best gesha out there so far.
Thank you for this great video.
Thank you - yes, that roast came out really good, but I believe I need to go lighter to get the most this gesha has to offer. I got a lot of sweetness, but all the floral and fruit notes were not as present as I wanted. It produced a very pleasant cup, I'd say a crowd pleaser, but I was wishing for more.
Boldjava wrote:OT: Gene, Might be a different manufacturer, obviously, but mine melted before 6 months. Keep an eye/nose on it.
I've read few times about blown Variacs but that seems to be more the exception than the rule. At the hukyforum there are a lot of Variac owners and this is a very rare issue (to be honest I don't recall any of the frequent posters mentioning anything like it).

genecounts

#6: Post by genecounts »

Thanks Dave. You have always been spot on so now I'm worried. Just got my metal roasting cart welded with a special slot for this particular variac. Should have talked to you first.