Espresso lifestyle! - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Latech1982 (original poster)

#11: Post by Latech1982 (original poster) »

Wow! This is great! So many stories and evolution of espresso knowledge!!! At least I feel like I'm on the normal path. Now that I've gotten my wife to start drinking espresso( vanilla latte) I'm sure I can start to save up for a much better machine in the near future! Can't wait!!

shawndo

#12: Post by shawndo »

I grew up hating coffee of all types. Then in my mid 30s (a few years ago) I walked into a modern 3rd wave shop for a quick espresso to stay awake. I chose espresso since I could just drink it quick for a shot of caffeine and wouldn't have to suffer the coffee for too long.

While walking out I was like"waitaminit... This doesn't actually taste horrible..." I was living a lie! I eventually learned that i was a born coffee snob and had a high quality bar of what coffee I could actually drink.
Even to this day, I'd rather just do without instead of going into a ★$s unless I'm having a withdrawal headache.
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Advertisement
edschlukebir

#13: Post by edschlukebir »

While in grad school in my late 20's I spent a lot of time in coffee shops I suddenly realized that it wasn't coffee I didn't like it was bad coffee. From there I have slowly moved from an aeropress to a Starbucks barista machine to the two group machine I had until recently. But with small kids and unsteady income flow it's hard to justify the money for truly great espresso. I think that may have something to do with why many get into the hobby a little later.

beta14ok

#14: Post by beta14ok »

That's no toy you holding! Be careful with that thing. That's one of the finest instruments in the coffee maker's arsenal.

All hail the might Moka Pot! I've never been in an Italian home that didn't own one and know how to use it.

Latech1982 (original poster)

#15: Post by Latech1982 (original poster) »

Lovin' the stories. So is this going to be a learning process forever? Will I ever enjoy non milked drinks as much as I enjoy milk in them?...ps yes this is a bowl and not a true cup. I'm still looking for some good latte cups haha!