Ceado E37S MOD....albeit a small one:-).

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
tegee

#1: Post by tegee »

I recently purchased a new Ceado E37S grinder (loving it after a month of use) and did a nice little mod to protect the exterior paint.

I took an old cell phone screen protector (one like these: http://www.bestskinsever.com/) and notched out a hole for the button. I little soap and water and presto.....a nice little way to protect it from PF banging, etc.

This particular skin was lift over from a HTC Evo.....but I am sure an iPhone skin will work:-). These skins are the same ones you see being applied on mall kiosks.

Hope it shows up ok in the pics?

HoldTheOnions

#2: Post by HoldTheOnions »

Best looking solution I've seen. I'm wondering if the buttons stick out different lengths on different machines. Reason cuz I have breville portatfilter, which has the nubbin on the front, but I still don't come close to touching the machine. I've seen others with nubbins on side that have still dinged up pretty good.

brianl

#3: Post by brianl »

Yea. i use clear duck tape and several others have bought the little rubber circles.

tegee (original poster)

#4: Post by tegee (original poster) »

My Cimbali PF does not come close to hitting. But I was cleaning out my desk and came across this old cell phone skin and the lightbulb went off. I said what the heck and gave it a try.

I use these skins all the time on my families cell phones and very familiar with the application process. It took a few minutes to trim the skin and apply. Really is a nice solution and barely visible in person.

Anyway...thought I share a quick tip/trick for a mod.....HTH

brianl

#5: Post by brianl »

thanks for sharing. keep the mods coming :)

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by FotonDrv »

Nice Mod! Thanks for sharing.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

caffeinezombie

#7: Post by caffeinezombie »

Helicopter tape should work pretty well too.