New simplified Bunn Trifecta MB5 now available - Page 2

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
barkingburro

#11: Post by barkingburro »

nickw wrote:I think it's odd as well.

I'm guessing the feedback they got was: it was to complicated, so they tried a basic simplification. Which also explains the price reduction, and cheap finishing.
"Cheap finishing?" As compared to the previous model? The MB5 looks identical in materials to my eye.
-- Michael

Randy G.

#12: Post by Randy G. »

TomC wrote:Am I the only one that thinks it's an odd redesign?
Anyone else think the scale they offer as an accessory looks like a toilet?
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

yakster
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by yakster »

barkingburro wrote:"Cheap finishing?" As compared to the previous model? The MB5 looks identical in materials to my eye.
They literally plugged the hole for the control knob that they removed with a Bunn badge so that they can use the same case.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

nickw

#14: Post by nickw »

barkingburro wrote:"Cheap finishing?" As compared to the previous model? The MB5 looks identical in materials to my eye.
I agree, the quality of the finishing didn't change with the update.
My opinion on the finishing extends to both the current and previous version.
I also think the visual design could be nicer as well.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by yakster »

That's a fair comment, especially given the prices their asking for the Trifecta.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

day

#16: Post by day »

Randy G. wrote:Anyone else think the scale they offer as an accessory looks like a toilet?
So much that I am convinced it was intentional. Probably some designer or engineer was given too much latitude and his/her sense of humor made it out:)

I have always wanted to play with the trifecta line...for most consumers agitation control is probably unnecessary, so if the street price is around 300 then it will probably be a great option.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

barkingburro

#17: Post by barkingburro »

I have no concern about their product's visual design. It's attractive enough. I only care about useability and reliability. In that regard, I wonder if Bunn did anything to address some of the air vent clogging issues I and others encountered with our purchases. I'm betting there were no changes to the internals.
-- Michael

cannonfodder
Team HB

#18: Post by cannonfodder »

Still like my old fashioned siphon pot. I can vary the temperature and turbulence with little more than a chopstick and burner adjustment.
Dave Stephens