Which Ceado E92 is the latest model? [photos]

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
onluxtex

#1: Post by onluxtex »

My name is Ronald and I am new in this forum.
I have a problem with my Ceado E92. I bought the grinder three month ago as "new" model.
Please have a look to the two pictures below.
The one with the grind inside is my and the other one I have seen in an other forum.
Is there anyone who can tell me which is latest model? From the Ceado it. I didn't get any answer.
Thanks a lot

HoldTheOnions

#2: Post by HoldTheOnions »

If this is the current diagram, then I would say you have the old one http://www.1st-line.com/store/pc/viewCo ... idpage=510 If no one else responds, then might call them and ask if it is current.

spearfish25

#3: Post by spearfish25 »

It seems Ceado has a tendency to update grinders without any notification to consumers and then continues to sell the old stock while replacing it with new. I'm sure other manufacturers do this but as a consumer it's disconcerting thinking you're buying the latest item when in fact you aren't. Their website makes no distinction to design updates.

brianl

#4: Post by brianl replying to spearfish25 »

You have to look more at WLL and other vendors for this (whoever the OP ordered from). Probably why they discount the grinder so much as its old stock.

onluxtex (original poster)

#5: Post by onluxtex (original poster) »

This experience I just made. I bought it in Germany for a good price, about € 400,00 less than the official price of around € 2000,00.
The Ceado dealer did not inform me, that it was the old model he was selling to me.
I realized it as I was cleaning the burr chamber and a member of the German "Kaffee-Netz" mailed a picture of the last model.
I am waiting since two weeks for an answer from Ceado Italy and the German dealer. Nothing happened.
In bella barista uk somebody made a modification to the sweeper arms to reduce the retention.
Sorry for my poor english

#6: Post by onluxtex (original poster) »

HoldTheOnions wrote:If this is the current diagram, then I would say you have the old one http://www.1st-line.com/store/pc/viewCo ... idpage=510 If no one else responds, then might call them and ask if it is current.
Thanks a lot. This is what I am looking for and could not find. It seems it is a problem to get a part list from Ceado.
If I could know that the new burr chamber is reducing the grinding retention, I could order it.
Sorry my english, but is grinding retention the meaning of waste coffee powder?

#7: Post by onluxtex (original poster) »

I just was informed by Ceado that they will ship a new model burr chamber. As soon as I get it, I will fix it and report if it works better.

HoldTheOnions

#8: Post by HoldTheOnions »

onluxtex wrote:is grinding retention the meaning of waste coffee powder?
Yes. Unfortunately the E92 has a lot of retention.

#9: Post by onluxtex (original poster) replying to HoldTheOnions »

Thats the reason I try to resell it after three month using.
I am looking for the Elektra Nino, because I have already a grinder with flat burrs, the Major.