Source for Olab water fill solenoid o-ring?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
benjita

#1: Post by benjita »

I have a leak at the water fill solenoid/valve connection in my Quick Mill Anita. Solenoid is by Olab. The leak appears to be due to a degraded o-ring. Checked in with Chris' Coffee but they do not carry a replacement o-ring. Does anyone happen to have a source?

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

The seal is a Teflon gasket and I just removed the one that I had laying around. You are welcome to it (gratis) but I would prefer to install it myself.

I am at 301-587-5033, Silver Spring, MD.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

benjita (original poster)

#3: Post by benjita (original poster) »

Eric, thanks for the note. I've seen a lot of your posts on the Anita. I didn't notice you were in MD. I'll definitely reach out to you for local assistance. I've gotten the solenoid off but am not sure how to identify the o-ring.

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

Once again (and cheerfully), it is NOT an o-ring seal but is a Teflon gasket. I removed the Teflon from an old OLAB solenoid I had laying around and, PERHAPS, this would solve your problem. In any event, this is a simple fix BUT the permanent solution is to replace the OLAB with a Parker solenoid valve which can be a little tricky.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

#5: Post by benjita (original poster) »

Sorry about that. I still need to get up to speed on the nomenclature!

#6: Post by benjita (original poster) »

Eric, Thanks again for being so generous with your time today. I'll report back if I'm able to track down the dimensions.