Pump to evacuate waste water from driptray - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
chappcc

#21: Post by chappcc »

Nunas wrote:Cecil,

Where did you get the fitting and what is it called? I think I'll duplicate your set-up. Simple and no holes to drill in the counter top. My sink is right next to the machine and the hose can just lay over the back side.

Maurice
Maurice,
Here is a parts list that will work:

Other than the first part that attaches to the drain try, the other or similar parts may be available at a local hardware/plumbing supply store. If this adds too much height under the machine, then you will need to raise the machine. To minimize the height, I cut the ½" pipe on the drain assembly so that it fits tight into the ½" elbow. I had to fabricate new feet to get the clearance for the piping. I used some rubber feet from Parts Direct that were intended for heavy speakers.
Cecil

sbe (original poster)

#22: Post by sbe (original poster) »

Success: this project is complete and working exactly like I wanted it.

I've used the attached pump - $29 at amazon:

Ran a pipe from the drip tray to the pump, and another pipe from the pump out the wall and into the sewer.

The pump is run by pressing a button on a timer.

I've had to make no modifications to my espresso machine, and only a small hole in the wall of my kitchen.

I am considering putting a moisture sensor inside the drip tray to activate the pump automatically.